• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rotate spot removal circles! Please (also, maybe do some other shape than circles)

Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be really awesome to be able to rotate spot removal circles for things like copying hair from one part of the head to another. Sometimes you just cannot match the curves right and you'd need to rotate the spot to match the angle. I see someone has asked about this 7 years ago and it was never added in. ALSO, it would be amazing to not have to work with a circle (have an ability to do a free flow of a shape in spot removal --- like you would in patch removal in Photoshop). Sometimes a circle is not the right shape for removing a spot.

Here is an example - his hair is sticking out. I'd love to be able to copy hair from another part of his head, BUT the angle doesn't match. I'd need to be able to copy and rotate the spot to match the angle I need. That would make things so much easier than having to patch-job multiple spots.

kristinalex_1.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 1.16.03 PM.png

This took I think 4 different spots. And it still kinda shows jagged. I know liquidate is not an option in LR, but for something like this it would be nice to just scoot that spot in just a bit.

Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 1.12.38 PM.png

Close-up - angle doesn't match.

Thanks, Ester

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

If you hold the mouse button down while using spot removal, you can "draw" any shape you want (LR 5 or later), not quite the same thing you are asking for, but possibly a legitimate substitute

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you hold the mouse button down while using spot removal, you can "draw" any shape you want (LR 5 or later), not quite the same thing you are asking for, but possibly a legitimate substitute

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. I know that. It's still a generally round shape, though. I'd like to be able to draw an irregular pattern, outline something, drag onto something else to replace, like you'd do with the patch tool in PS.

Honestly, it's the rotate that I think we need the most. That would be absolutely incredible, save a ton of time.

Thanks,

Ester

Ester Knowlen Photography

www.esterknowlen.com

Emails / Office Hours M-F 9-6pm :: Weekends are reserved for Weddings and Family

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2019 Jun 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any updates on this one???

Still wishing I could rotate the spot removal tool. The answer above is NOT helpful, sorry. I know I can dray any shape I want, but I cannot rotate the selection and often times the curvature doesn't match so I have to resort to using photoshop for stuff like that use case above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2019 Jun 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user forum. You have already addressed this in the proper feedback forum.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is 100% NOT the "correct answer.  The correct answer is "no, you can't do that, but SHOULD because it would be awesome!"

Another example to help clarify; I am editing a family shoot now, the baby drooled a bit and got the top of one of her pockets wet.  It's pretty noticable, so I'm using sport removal to fix it.  The problem is, it's at the top of the pocket, right on the lip, creating a boundary in the spot removal area.  In order to look right, I need to duplicate the line boundary at the top of the chest pocket.  There is a dry chest pocket on the other side of her dress, but because of her body angle, the top pocket line is at a slightly different angle than the other, so it looks wrong.

I'm not sure what the proper terminology is for the different areas in the spot removal, I'll call them "correction" and "replacement" zones.  The correction zone is the zone over the area the user would like corrected.  The replacement zone is the zone being used as the sample for the correction zone.

What I'd love to be able to do is "print" the correction zone, once I finde the correct replacement zone, to make the sample stick to it's current position, then rotate the correction zone so that, in this case, the top pocket line is at the correct angle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This would be an amazing feature, I understand exactly what you mean here!!! 

Adobe please add the rotate option to your clone tool!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines