• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rotating videos

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I rotate videos taken with my Canon 5D Mk3 so that I can view them the correct way in Lightroom - I am using Lightroom CC 2017 and Mac with OS Sierra

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

It does not seem that Lightroom supports rotating a video. But you can easily rotate in iMovie.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not seem that Lightroom supports rotating a video. But you can easily rotate in iMovie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also quick time

How to Rotate or Flip Videos in Mac OS X

1. Open the video or movie file you wish to rotate into QuickTime Player in Mac OS X.
  2. Go to the “Edit” menu and choose one of the following rotation options for the video:
  3. Save the newly edited rotated video as usual by hitting Command+S or by going to File and “Save”

n

m

How to Rotate Videos in Mac OS X - OS X Daily

osxdaily.com/2016/02/01/rotate-video-mac-os-x/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This method seems to do more then just rotate the video. A .mov file I tried it on went from 101 MB to 22 MB after just rotating and saving using QuickTime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Seems silly not to have a feature to rotate video in such a complex editing program, even my phone can do that!  I was planning to transition from Apple Photos, but some of these simpler task for other media not being included is frustrating.  I do not need to do major edits to video in Lightroom, but would like to be able to do simple tasks in one place for posting on the web and sharing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Especially as photography and videography are merged.

I'm looking for streamlined means of retaining video file metadata upon import into Lightroom plus access to basic functions like rotating and flipping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found an simple workaround.
! It works from Mac OSX 10.14 Mojave and newer.

1. select Video in Lightroom Classic

2. Right-Click/"show in Finder" or Menu "Photo/show in Finder" or cmd+R

> You will be taken to the Finder and the Video File will be selectet

3. make sure you're in "columns view", cmd+3 or Menu "View/as column"

4. Finder's "columns view" will show you a Preview of the Video File on the far right side

5. on the bottom of that Preview you'll see a few tools available, the first one should be "rotate left"

6. Use that "rotate left" Tool as many times as you need until the Video is shown the right way around (horizontal)

7. go back to LRC, notice that LRC does not update the new "Rotated state" itself. Here's how to fix that...

8. ...in LRC select that rotated Video

9. Right-Click/"remove Photo" or hit the delete key

10. only "remove from catalog", do NOT "delete from disk"!

11. Re-Import the rotatet Video File into LRC ("import..." or Menu "File/import Photos and Videos..." or drag and drop Video onto LRC-Icon or Menu "library/synchronize Folder")

> the Re-Importet Photo should now be back in LRC shown in the correct rotation.

cheers!

PS: maybe one time Adobe integrates that functionality directly in LRC...?

rotate left.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"maybe one time Adobe integrates that functionality directly in LRC...?"

Please add your constructive opinion to this feature request:
https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-ability-to-rotate-videos/5f... 

and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will consider implementing the feature and you'll be notified when they do. (Product developers don't read this forum and won't see your feedback.)

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines