Highlighted

Running macOS Catina 10.15.6 I am running LR Classic 9.3 exporting crashes

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I'm in the export panel. Changing the names of the images and sizes of that export, My computer crashes. I can't quit export. I cannot force quit. Have to turn my computer off in the back.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a glitch.

Jim

Topics

Crash or freeze, Import and export, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Running macOS Catina 10.15.6 I am running LR Classic 9.3 exporting crashes

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I'm in the export panel. Changing the names of the images and sizes of that export, My computer crashes. I can't quit export. I cannot force quit. Have to turn my computer off in the back.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a glitch.

Jim

Topics

Crash or freeze, Import and export, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

following

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Computer crashing is almost always a hardware malfunction or a bad driver.

First, you might want to (if possible) Update your video driver and motherboard driver. After that, you need to start checking the hardware, and be sure to monitor the heat in the case from the CPU, as crashing during export is often heat problem caused by cooling system elements that have stopped working. Other potential causes are bad memory chips and bad hard disk sectors.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your explanation. Even if this computer is only two weeks old?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
dj_paige LATEST
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why the age of the computer is relevant.

The only known causes of a computer crashing are bad drivers or hardware malfunction.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines