Same Catalog with Two Adobe IDs?

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have ordered a third computer to try out (M1 MBP). Rather than sign out/in all the time using the one Adobe ID I have, I'm thinking of using a second Adobe ID to purchase the photography plan. Can the same LrC catalog be used with two Adobe IDs? I realize there are other workarounds, but I'd really like to know if the same catalog can be used with two separate IDs and subscriptions. Thanks

TOPICS
Download and install, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know your Adobe ID has nothing to do with the LrC Catalog file.

People send catalog to others for them to edit images and then send them back to the original person.

No one that I know of has ever said "I can't open this catalog because I'm using a different Adobe ID".

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this question would be better served on the cc-services forum, and I can move it there if you like?

Otherwise, other forum users here might be able to shed some experiences on this issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Hard to say if it should be moved. It's unique to LrC, but is also a licensing issue to some degree.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you think it would be better on the CC services forum? It is about Lightroom Classic and the LrC Catalog file.

It has nothing to do with the Creative Cloud Services or the CC desktop app.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just thinking about this, and it occurs to me that the only conflict would be trying to synchronize the catalog with the two different accounts. Might be a problem in that regard.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't sync the same catalog from 2 different computer anyway. Sync only works from One catalog file on ONE Computer. Even if you copied the same catalog to a second computer, even using the same Adobe ID, you get a warning if you try to sync that same catalog from the other computer. You can stilll sync from the second computer but it stop the sync from the first.

In this case using 2 different Adobe ID throws that option out the window.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines