Highlighted

Same photo edits on different computers / Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Why doesn't my photo edits stay the same on different computers? I travel alot and I always edit on my laptop with Lightroom Classic. My photos are stored on a external drive but when I plug it in on my home computer my photo edits are gone. I tried to sync on both my laptop and home computer but the editing data doesn't seem to sync? Is it a way to make this happen?

Let´s say I have a folder with photos that I worked on my laptop. When I plug the hardrive in on my home computer and add the map in lightroom and click on synchronize I exepct my editing settings from my laptop to be appyled?

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Same photo edits on different computers / Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Why doesn't my photo edits stay the same on different computers? I travel alot and I always edit on my laptop with Lightroom Classic. My photos are stored on a external drive but when I plug it in on my home computer my photo edits are gone. I tried to sync on both my laptop and home computer but the editing data doesn't seem to sync? Is it a way to make this happen?

Let´s say I have a folder with photos that I worked on my laptop. When I plug the hardrive in on my home computer and add the map in lightroom and click on synchronize I exepct my editing settings from my laptop to be appyled?

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The edits are in your catalog. They are not stored with the original photos.

Please read this about how to merge travel catalogs in with main catalog when you get home. https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/working-with-a-temporary-catalog.37583/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okey I will check it out thanks ! 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
WobertC LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And for some informative blog articles-

MERGING- IMPORTING CATALOGS

A video from Julianne Kost-

Travel and Location Catalogs (J Kost) Adobe TV

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.4, Lightroom 3.4, Photoshop 2020 (21.2.1), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines