• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save Metadata stops on Movie Files

Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seems to be a bug in Lightroom Classic CC (8.0). When trying to save metadata on a group of folders, it stops as whenever it encounters a movie file. The movie files on my disk are Nikon MOV files.

Is this a bug? Is there a work-around?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with Release 9.3! Video files are of different types. (mp4, mts, mov ... ).

Any solution to this???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you get a error message, if so post a screen capture of the message or quote the text word for word.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no error message. The progression bar just freezes. (Windows 10 Pro 64bit. Version 10.0.19041).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes there is.

Use a Program specifically designed and written to work with VIDEO Files. LrC (from Lr version 1) was designed to work with STILL Images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which program is that? I don't understand. An extra plug-in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I have the same problem with Release 9.3! Video files are of different types. (mp4, mts, mov ... ).

Any solution to this??? ... There is no error message. The progression bar just freezes."

This doesn't happen  in my LR 9.3. I suggest you post a bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all bug reports and feature suggestions: 
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom

Be sure to include the first ten lines of the menu command Help > System Info.  Provide all the details, rather than linking back to this thread -- experience shows that Adobe developers tend not to follow the links. (Safari users, uncheck the option Safari > Preferences > Privacy > Prevent Cross-Site Tracking or use Chrome or Firefox.)

A screen recording of the problem behavior would make it more likely Adobe would pay attention and perhaps investigate. Upload it to Youtube, Dropbox, or similar and include the sharing link in your post.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines