• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

save photos that dont' exist

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have photos from an event that i deleted but now need. I have the images in the collection and want to know if there's a way to recover these photos.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

If all the original files have been deleted then you can only recover smaller files from the Previews as stated by Michael, but you will need a script to do this.

You cannot export or save files directly from the Previews folder. (from the Smart Previews- yes you can, but only if you ever created Smart Previews of these images! and the filenames are very cryptic.)

Adobe has a script to recover from the Previews-

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/extract-previews-for-lost-images-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

The Adobe script worked perfect! Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this post from Lightoom (cloud) to Lightroom Classic.

You've deleted the original photos, and you're seeing the previews that were generated before the originals were deleted. You can find these previews by browsing the folder tree under the name of your catalog and ending in ".lrdata." While the images will not be full size, they might be all you have.

Here's a snapshot of mine. The catalog is called "Main 2020 Catalog.lrcat", and the previews are found in the folder "Main 2020 Catalog Previews.lrdata." If you built Smart Previews, you may find higher resolution versions in a filder named like mine below, "Main Catalog 2020 Smart Previews.lrdata." Again, these are not full resolution, but at this point it may be all you have.

2020-08-25_13-24-04.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks i'll give that a try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the Insert Photo button.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If all the original files have been deleted then you can only recover smaller files from the Previews as stated by Michael, but you will need a script to do this.

You cannot export or save files directly from the Previews folder. (from the Smart Previews- yes you can, but only if you ever created Smart Previews of these images! and the filenames are very cryptic.)

Adobe has a script to recover from the Previews-

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/extract-previews-for-lost-images-lightroom.html

And Jeffrey Friedl has a Plugin to do the same-

http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/preview-extraction

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Adobe script worked perfect! Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines