It is possible to save the existing presets in lightroom classic in the cloud
Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short answer I'm afraid: no it is not.

Why do you want your presets "in the cloud"? The Lightroom cloud ecosystem does store and sync presets, but not beween Classic and the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To always be accessible, even when I don't work at home

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This article explains how to copy your LR Classic presets to LR Cloud:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/cloud-import-profiles-presets/

You'll have to copy presets to the cloud whenever you change them in LR Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Windows File Explorer to simply copy files into the Folder {Creative Cloud Files}where they are available in both my Desktop & Laptop 'Classic' installs. And, yes, I need to copy (or update) any new and changed presets.

Am I wrong or misled doing this??

2021-07-22 09_06_38-Creative Cloud Files.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Am I wrong or misled doing this?"

I don't know -- I just refer people to the Lightroom Queen article.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have used Windows File Explorer to simply copy files into the Folder {Creative Cloud Files}where they are available in both my Desktop & Laptop 'Classic' installs. And, yes, I need to copy (or update) any new and changed presets.

Am I wrong or misled doing this??

It depends on what you are trying to use when not "at home". Victoria's article is all about how to get presets and profiles into the Lightroom cloud ecosystem, e.g. onto mobile devices, and does not cover the scenario of wanting to use LrClassic on two different systems and having the same presets and profiles available to both Classic systems.

So in your case, using the Creative Cloud files area to store them (or Dropbox, or OneDrive. etc.), then importing into both Classic systems is obviously one way of doing that, it's a manual process but is quite effective. Another commonly used method would be to use a single Classic catalog stored on a shared external drive, and with the "Store Presets with this Catalog" option enabled in the Classic Preferences on both systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines