Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save settings

Participant ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

So, I don't like LR sharpening and noise reduction so I have it always set to zero. Since LR likes to apply a pre-defined value I have set it to zero and save the settings for each camera I have used.

Fast forward a few moths to today, and I have noticed the value are at LR pre-defined again. I went to check all my older photos and all of the are like this. Also, there is no way to save the setting again, at least not the way I was able in the past.

This makes me mad because they have changed what is not broken and now I have tons of pictures with sharpening and NR I did not wanted applied...

But anyway, how can I save the settings by camera so this does not happens again?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Certainly, you can change all of your sharpening and noise settings back to zero in one action. For future imports, you can create a preset. (and probably the new imports are getting the different settings that you don't like because somehow the import setting of applying a preset got changed accidentally).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you did not have to do anything, when you go to the development tab it would be set to zero because I have saved it. That is the issue, now it's with pressets and I don't know how to do that, and I don't know why adove would have change waht was working correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-set-defaults-for-raw-file-import/... for details on how you can configure Lightroom to savey your preferred settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seem to be it. What I don't understand is why they would change from my camera presets to Adobe preset. If it's not broken don't fix it....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody "fixed" it, something happened accidentally to your specific settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it did not. Before you would save your setting directly on the development panel, but now you need to do it on settings, presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And according with this link:

"Raw default settings made prior to version 9.2 will not be migrated when you update to Lightroom Classic 9.2."

So it seems this changed on version 9.2. You could choose your settings and aplly them as a preset to your camera on the developer panel pressing ALT + an option which I do not remeber now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines