• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving catalogue is becoming impossible

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am on Lightroom Classic 9.3 For the last few days, it has become impossible to save my catalogue when exiting Lightroom. I get the message as in the attached file. Any idea of what is going on and how to fix that? Thanks in advance!

Best.

Thierry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Per is not talking about 'read & write' status for Lightroom or of folders, but permission for Lightroom to access certain folders. If you use MacOS Catalina, you have to give apps special permissions to to so.

catalinasecurity.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on the very little French I know, I think the message tells you to verify your permissions on the folder you are saving the backup to, and to check that there is sufficient space on the hard drive.

I'm not a Mac user, but I think you use the Get info command in the Finder to change permissions.

You need to have Read and Write permissions on the folder.

You can also do a Google search for "Change permissions Mac".

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Per. I have just checked my permissions. It is well on a read & write status for all of Lightroom. And as stated there is plenty of disk space available... Strange!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One precision. I have plenty of disk space available (over 1.2TO) so this is not a disk space issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is well on a read & write status for all of Lightroom

Did you check the permissions on the folder that you use for backups? This folder can be anywhere on your computer, and is not a part of Lightroom.

If you click Sélection un autre dossier ... that should take you to the current backup folder.

You can also choose a different folder in another location and see if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Per is not talking about 'read & write' status for Lightroom or of folders, but permission for Lightroom to access certain folders. If you use MacOS Catalina, you have to give apps special permissions to to so.

catalinasecurity.png

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Johan. I just checked and ticked the Network volumes box that was not selected and it worked. I'll check whether this keeps functioning as I had that same issue occuring randomly for some time now. Anyway tanks again and best to you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I was talking about folder permissions, being a Windows user, I didn't realize that applications need to be given permissions to access folders on a Mac.

So I'll leave it to you figure this out Johan ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks per. I did as per Johan recommendations and it worked. I'll keep watching whether this reappears or not... Best and thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So people don't have to download the image you have attached to your post please Edit your post to remove the Attached screen shot and Include it in the body of the text of your post.

You do that by Clicking the "More..." link at the bottom of your post, Selecting "Edit Message" and then use the "Insert Photos" icon in the tool bar at the top of the Post/Reply/Edit dialog box like this.
2020-06-07 19_13_42-Camera Raw Brush tool problem - Adobe Support Community - 11189555.png

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the hint. I'm new on the Community and appreciate pieces of advise like yours. thanks again! Best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines