• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving metadata doesn't work in Ligthroom Classic

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Can anyone help me with how to save metadata? Neither Ctrl S or using dropdown menues work. 

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

There is a known bug that if the ONLY thing that was changed is to convert to B&W or a Crop was done that the Icon will not disappear.  Any other edit along with the other two will make the icon disappear.

See here

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-save-metadata-to-file-doesnt-change-metadata-status-read-metadata-from-file-doesnt-always-work/5fdbda743a4b973cd0edccf0 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see any error message?

What version of Lightroom Classic do you use? And what OS?

Michael

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Windows 10 and LR Classiv version 10.1.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Explain what happens. Why do you think that it doesn't work, what do you see that indicates it doesn't work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sorry for not beeing clear about what happens. Using forums like this is a first for me. I dont think it works because the symbol showing 3 horisontal lines and an arrow pointing down does not disapere and the message that the metadata has not been saved remains in view. I have restarted my computer twice to see if the problem dissaperes, unfortunately it doesn't. 

The problem is the same for both raw files and jpeg. 

Eva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I am going to indicate what the arrow you see on the thumbnails is used for, however I do not utilise the feature that would cause the symbol to be displayed so I cannot test.

You probably have “Automatically write metadata to XMP” in Lightroom preferences selected. This causes metadata to be written to the file. If by chance you have made changes to the metadata outside of Lightroom in another application like Adobe Camera Raw or Bridge that arrow will be displayed and if you click the arrow there should be a popup displayed and you will have to choose which data is to be retained Lightroom info from your Catalog or the Updated data in the file.

Ok disregard the above and see if the second option in the screen capture works for you.

84AC2579-4E4F-477E-B58F-001FE69564BA.jpeg

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

No sorry. I dont have “Automatically write metadata to XMP”. I have maunally. I have tried to click on the icon of the second option and answedred yes in the pop-up about saving. No - it doesn't work. The icon about metadata to save is stilll there.

FYI everything worked until the last uprade to LR Classic 10.1.1 

//Eva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again. 

I have made some further trials to other photos separating text comments from changes to the photo itself eg colour. I have discovered that text changes are saved = the icon with the arrow dissaperes. But with changes to the photo the icon remaines. 

//Eva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a known bug that if the ONLY thing that was changed is to convert to B&W or a Crop was done that the Icon will not disappear.  Any other edit along with the other two will make the icon disappear.

See here

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-save-metadata-to-fi... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!!! Problem solved!

Of course I was working with Crop and B&W. 

Thank you all for your time spent helping me!

//Eva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines