Highlighted

Saving versions of raw files

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to save different versions of edits to a raw file without having to duplicate the actual file e.g. I carry out some edits on a raw file then I want to make a b&w version of the same file without losing the first set of edits? This may be a standard feature but I'm quite new to Lightroom, I've done a google search and a forum search and can't find an answer.

Create a virtual copy, edit it any way you want.

TOPICS
How to, Presets or profiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Saving versions of raw files

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to save different versions of edits to a raw file without having to duplicate the actual file e.g. I carry out some edits on a raw file then I want to make a b&w version of the same file without losing the first set of edits? This may be a standard feature but I'm quite new to Lightroom, I've done a google search and a forum search and can't find an answer.

TOPICS
How to, Presets or profiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 09, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2020 1
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I knew someone would have the solution.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2020 0
WobertC LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being an 'oldie' I remember the use of ["] in a word document to indicate "Ditto" - meaning 'copy the line above'.

Maybe by design the Lightroom-Classic shortcut key is [Ctrl+'] -the key with the ["].

Select one photo in Grid (or Loupe) view and you can repeat the [Ctrl+'] shortcut to create as many Virtual Copies as you want-  Color, Contrasty, B&W, Posterised, etc, and still only have one original file on the hard-drive.

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.0, Photoshop 22.0, Lightroom 4.0, Windows-10. Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2020 1