• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving versions of raw files

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to save different versions of edits to a raw file without having to duplicate the actual file e.g. I carry out some edits on a raw file then I want to make a b&w version of the same file without losing the first set of edits? This may be a standard feature but I'm quite new to Lightroom, I've done a google search and a forum search and can't find an answer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Create a virtual copy, edit it any way you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a virtual copy, edit it any way you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I knew someone would have the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Being an 'oldie' I remember the use of ["] in a word document to indicate "Ditto" - meaning 'copy the line above'.

Maybe by design the Lightroom-Classic shortcut key is [Ctrl+'] -the key with the ["].

Select one photo in Grid (or Loupe) view and you can repeat the [Ctrl+'] shortcut to create as many Virtual Copies as you want-  Color, Contrasty, B&W, Posterised, etc, and still only have one original file on the hard-drive.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines