• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving working photo while sending a copy to email

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgive me if this has been asked before...

I want to send a copies of working photos to get opinions while being able to continue edit. 

How do I save the work in Lightroom so I can continue editing, while sending a copy? I tried this once and lost my ework. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can export a copy, which you can then send by e-mail to whomever you choose. Or, if you are using Lightroom Classic, you could create a collection and share the image in the collection on Lightroom.adobe.com. Then you could send a link to that collection to others so that they could see the image on that website and follow its progression as you continue the editing process. Of coarse, you could even do that if you are using Lightroom for the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, if you like emailing a photo from the Lightroom interface-

When you are Developing (editing) an image, make a Snapshot (with a description suitable) when you email the version you are currently at. You can then easily return to any 'Snapshot' state of the image. No repeated exporting is needed.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice. But I am still having problems. I exported  a photo to my desktop. (All photos are on an external hard drive.) I can see the photo on the desktop. It is a jpeg.  I am getting the error message that the file couldn't be opened.

Again I am wanting to save work in progress as a jpeg so that I can email the photo. (I want to save my work in lightroom.)

I tried opening it in Photoshop and saving. It saved the photo as a new file I created. However, it too will not open.

Thanks again for any advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"File couldn't be opened" - 'Opened' by what software? Opened where?

Are you trying to 'Attach'  JPG file to email?

Can you provide your 'Export' options that you use to Export to the Desktop?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines