• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screenshot Attachment for Replies?

Mentor ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there no way of adding screenshots to thread replies? I can see an editor when creating this post which allows for adding images and links, but can we not do the same within the replies?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

As of now it's not possible to add screenshots to replies within replies, however, you do have an option to attach images or links to the reply you post to the original thread.

Our team is aware about this and working towards a better experience.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The stupid new forum software lets you do it, but it's convoluted:

1. Reply using the *blue* Reply button under your first post, not the black reply button.

2. Post the reply.

3. At the bottom of that posted reply, click More and then Edit Reply.

Note that the forum software will reduce the resolution of larger inserted images.  So when including screenshots of the entire screen or a large part of the screen, attach the screenshot rather than inserting it:

clipboard_image_0.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me see if I can make this work because yeah, convoluted is a kind word in this context. . I can't believe you have to reply then edit just to do this.

Edit: Yeah, what a mess. And then the reply seems cut off visually too. Yuck. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Par for the course these days, it seems...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks and ugh. I can imagine this happening back in the 90's, but starting a new forum platform with this feature being so poorly implemented? Madness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the remark edit controls, second button from right, an insert image button, looks like a landscape photo of a mountain and the sun. Click on that and select your screenshot image. Mind you I am refering to a screenshot you would have saved to your computer, likely to your desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, this is the procedure I will take to work around the issue.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines