• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SD Card Disappears off Desk Top of IMac

Participant ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a fairly current Imac running LR Classic 10.  In the past, when I quit LR and went to my desktop, I could see the SD card icon and delete the contents before ejecting it.  Now,  using 10, when I quite LR the SD card icon disappears and I have to remove it and put it back in before I can see it again and delete my files.  Just wondering if I'm missing something or has this changed since 9.4

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Explorer , Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Do you have the "Eject after Import" checkbox checked? It's at the top left of the Import dialog, next to 'Devices'.

If that's checked, then your SD card will be ejected as soon as the import finishes, which might explain why you don't see it on your Desktop when you quit Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Hi Rextilleon,

Two things: here's how to stop that from happening: In your import dialog window there's a place that causes this to happen. Un-check that and it will stop happening. But that leads me to the 2nd point: leave it checked! (See below)

2020-11-05_14-52-43.png

Point two: there a really big big reason to not do that. The formatting from a computer may or may not be the same as the formatting for your camera. This may have been working (so far) for you but there could be a time when you erase your card in

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Dde, when I stared to anser this, I got pulled off the computer for a few minutes, came back, finished my answer, and when I tapped the send button suddenly there were all of these answers that you and angrymongoose had placed. Normally I try to not answer already answered questions (but I did give a screenshot so 1 point for me?).

;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the "Eject after Import" checkbox checked? It's at the top left of the Import dialog, next to 'Devices'.

If that's checked, then your SD card will be ejected as soon as the import finishes, which might explain why you don't see it on your Desktop when you quit Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I can recall Lightroom version 1 through 6 and in Lightroom Classic 7 through 10 has never allowed users to delete image files from SD or other similar cards. This has been a continuous request from users that Adobe has resisted since inception which I believe is the safest option. I use my Camera to delete image files or format the SD/Flash card.

You may choose to use your operating system to achieve this operation, however the best option is to use your Camera to carry out this function.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rextilleon,

Two things: here's how to stop that from happening: In your import dialog window there's a place that causes this to happen. Un-check that and it will stop happening. But that leads me to the 2nd point: leave it checked! (See below)

2020-11-05_14-52-43.png

Point two: there a really big big reason to not do that. The formatting from a computer may or may not be the same as the formatting for your camera. This may have been working (so far) for you but there could be a time when you erase your card in your computer, put it into your camera, and it doesn't see it because it is not recognized by your camera. It only takes a moment to reformat your card in the camera and that #1 removes all of your images, and #2 absolutely positively guaranties that YOUR camera will recognize and use YOUR cards. I've heard too many horror stories to not want to take this step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree Gary, that's why I recommend "format in camera", the card is for use primarily in your Camera.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dde, when I stared to anser this, I got pulled off the computer for a few minutes, came back, finished my answer, and when I tapped the send button suddenly there were all of these answers that you and angrymongoose had placed. Normally I try to not answer already answered questions (but I did give a screenshot so 1 point for me?).

;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gary, I did not intend to clallange our post, I was just supported your post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

NO problem Denis, I did not take is as a challenge at all. I was only mentioning that when I started, no one had responded but by the time I was able to press the Send button, there were already answers. I was just amused, that's all.

Hope you're doing well in these interesting times! ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you sir---I knew it was something simple--but I'm getting OLD!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines