Exit

Second Account for photo editor

New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello awesome people!

Question,

I need to make a second account (Lightroom Classic) so that the editor of my wedding portfolios can do his thing in the UK I am in the USA. I edit a couple of dozen of the images so he has my 'style' then he can apply those presets and make all the other mini adjustments that take so long and I want my life back, and to go to nursing school after losing my Corporate VP job 10 months ago. 

Personally, I have the entire cloud as I use 6-7 of the programs regularly. Has anyone done this? Is it as simple as creating a separate account or will it log me in and out of that new account and my cloud account each time?

Thanks in advance!

Moose

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You don't need to have a second account. What you need to do is select the photos, and then use 'File - Export as Catalog'. Check 'Selected Photos Only' and check 'Build Smart Previews', do not check the other two. This will create a folder with the new catalog and the smart previews. Zip that folder and send it to the editor. When he has done the edits, let him send back the folder in the same way. After you have received the zip file from him, unzip it, start Lightroom and choose 'File - Import from Another Catalog'. Select the catalog that was just sent to you. See also the 'merge catalogs' part of this help page:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/catalog-faq-lightroom.html

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines