Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selective edits adjustments stopped workings

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I would be very grateful for any help. I am here first time and could not find direct access to adobe support 

my problem is that selective adjustments stopped working and I am not sure I see same panels on the right any more. I can select the area like horizontal selection and can see it highlighted with red colour but when I try to apply adjustments they do apply to whole picture rather than selected area

please help. Lightroom is useless without selective editing and I can't work it out myself

many thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Click on the triangle icon to open the panel of selective sliders – see image below.

Triangle.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The selective adjustments will apply to the area with the red overlay. You can tab with the O key to turn the overlay on and off to better see the adjustments as you move the sliders. With the radial adjustment you have an invert checkbox. That will switch the mask overlay to either inside or outside the selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I know all what you have mentioned and ave tried never. Area is marketed I can do selection and see it but adjustments apply to all pogo despite only area selected and I can not do selective only adjustment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you clarify which version of Lightroom you are using? Lightroom Classic or the cloud-based Lightroom? Help>System Info will contain the version number.

It's possible to inadvertently use the global sliders when trying to adjust only a selection in Lightroom Classic, but it shouldn't be possible using Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reply. I use class the latest version Lightrum update and Maxc Os latest version

may I ask wat do you mean by global sliders. As I have mentioned Ibthink sliders have been diferent in the past for selective edits butI do kot see them any more don't know if that is possible?

lighroom classic 9.4 release camera raw 12.4

Mac OS Catalina 

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Jim

Thank you for reply. I use class the latest version Lightroom update and Mac Os latest version

may I ask what do you mean by global sliders? As I have mentioned I think sliders have been different in the past for selective edits but do not see them anymoreLightroom problem1.png don't know if that is possible?

lightroom classic 9.4 release camera raw 12.4

Mac OS Catalina 

This is a screenshot of my selection. with selection applied when I move basic slider adjustments are applied globally not on selected area. I do not see any other adjustment panel except basic for exposure, contrast, etc. There are other panels which I have collapsed but they are colors details, tones...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming that you use Lightroom Classic, check this: You can collapse the local adjustment sliders, making you think that the sliders below that are the ones from the brush or the filter. In reality these are the Basic sliders, so moving these will change the whole image.

1 2020-08-21 17-57-34.jpg

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom problem1.pngLightroom problem2.pngThank you for your advised. I enclose a screenshot. of what I see on my LrC. when selection applied and I use exposure contrast slider adjustments applied globally, not on selected areas. I have collapsed other panels like details, tones HSL I understand how to collapse or collapse them but can't see anything else for basic adjustments on selected area. Is there anything I am missing?

Thank you very much for helping

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

all sorted thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the triangle icon to open the panel of selective sliders – see image below.

Triangle.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

I feel so silly not seeing that I have collapsed it accidentally. thank you very much for your advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines