Highlighted

Sell Lightroom filters [Presets]

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a question. i want to sell my own filters. but now i have in mind that the exact same filter is already available by chance. can I then be sued? thanks for your answer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Sell Lightroom filters [Presets]

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a question. i want to sell my own filters. but now i have in mind that the exact same filter is already available by chance. can I then be sued? thanks for your answer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to ask a lawyer. It's unlikely that anyone posting on a public user-to-user forum for a software product is qualified to provide a legal opinion, which is what you're asking for.

The Community Help forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2020 0
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the poorly named Community Help forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Lounge forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2020 0
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been inside a courtroom a few times but I'm not an attorney so this is not legal advice.  This is common sense advice 🙂

When you say filters, aren't you really asking about Presets which are just a bunch of slider settings, freely available online?  In the same way that no one can claim ownership of camera shutter speeds, f stop settings and other metadata, presets are not protectable.  This article may interest you.

https://digital-photography-school.com/a-new-type-of-theft-can-post-production-settings-be-owned/

[Moved from the Lounge to Lightroom Classic.]

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2020 1