Highlighted

Serial number already in use - after needing to reinstall Lightroom 6

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there community,
I purchased Lightroom 6 in September 2018 and it worked fine for a while. I switched to another laptop, also OK. After a while, I started to get the message that the serial number was already in use on the maximum of allowed computers. I double and triple checked my old laptop. Nothing is on there anymore. Is there any way to check which laptops/computers are connected to the serial number and disconnect them?
Thank you very much and have a lovely day!

The customer support service told me they don't deal with non-CC versions anymore. However, I found the following information

"CS6, CS5, CS4, Acrobat XI, Acrobat X, or Acrobat 9

A single license for Adobe CS6 and earlier applications lets you install an app on two computers. However, you can use the application on only one computer at a time.

To install the application on a third computer, deactivate the application on the computer on which you no longer want to use the software. Then, activate it on the new computer.

1. Can't access your old computer? If you can't access your previous computer (for example, you reformatted the hard drive or lost the computer), don't worry. We can help you deactivate your app from your old device. Make sure that you have your serial number  or Adobe ID  handy, and then contact us ."
https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/error-activation-limit-reached-sign.html#CS6CS5CS...

Topics

How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Serial number already in use - after needing to reinstall Lightroom 6

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there community,
I purchased Lightroom 6 in September 2018 and it worked fine for a while. I switched to another laptop, also OK. After a while, I started to get the message that the serial number was already in use on the maximum of allowed computers. I double and triple checked my old laptop. Nothing is on there anymore. Is there any way to check which laptops/computers are connected to the serial number and disconnect them?
Thank you very much and have a lovely day!

The customer support service told me they don't deal with non-CC versions anymore. However, I found the following information

A single license for Adobe CS6 and earlier applications lets you install an app on two computers. However, you can use the application on only one computer at a time.

To install the application on a third computer, deactivate the application on the computer on which you no longer want to use the software. Then, activate it on the new computer.

1. Can't access your old computer? If you can't access your previous computer (for example, you reformatted the hard drive or lost the computer), don't worry. We can help you deactivate your app from your old device. Make sure that you have your serial number  or Adobe ID  handy, and then contact us ."
https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/error-activation-limit-reached-sign.html#CS6CS5CS...

Topics

How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines