Highlighted

Serious issues with the new Lightroom Classic update

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just by updating to the new version of lightroom today:

• I have been unable to open my catalog, an error appears (see attached)
  • Upon opening a backup catalog, I was trying to save an image exported from LR to PS back to LR and it wouldn't respond, I had to force quit.
  • Now the app continues to bounce and will not open.
  • Update: stopped bouncing, just won't open now, required to Force Quit again.

I've uninstalled and re-installed Lightroom Classic.

I am using a Mac  ios version 10.15.1

Lightroom Classic V 9.0

Trying to get work to a client ASAP and Photoshop has also been giving me issues since updating.

This post is more of a plea to Adobe to have these fixed ASAP, professionals are counting on it.

I have tried the chat, but I've been waiting an hour for someone to respond.Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 5.49.38 PM.png

Update:

I have downloaded the previous version of Lightroom Classic and the same error appears:

Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 6.32.08 PM.png

Another update:

I can no longer access even my new backup catalog....

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Serious issues with the new Lightroom Classic update

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just by updating to the new version of lightroom today:

• I have been unable to open my catalog, an error appears (see attached)
  • Upon opening a backup catalog, I was trying to save an image exported from LR to PS back to LR and it wouldn't respond, I had to force quit.
  • Now the app continues to bounce and will not open.
  • Update: stopped bouncing, just won't open now, required to Force Quit again.

I've uninstalled and re-installed Lightroom Classic.

I am using a Mac  ios version 10.15.1

Lightroom Classic V 9.0

Trying to get work to a client ASAP and Photoshop has also been giving me issues since updating.

This post is more of a plea to Adobe to have these fixed ASAP, professionals are counting on it.

I have tried the chat, but I've been waiting an hour for someone to respond.Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 5.49.38 PM.png

Update:

I have downloaded the previous version of Lightroom Classic and the same error appears:

Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 6.32.08 PM.png

Another update:

I can no longer access even my new backup catalog....

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 18, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try opening with the option key pressed. You should get a dialog where you can choose which catalog to open. Choose yur catalog and select "test integrity of this catalog". It's a long shot but it will try and repair damage to your catalog file with this option.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip, unfortuantely, still no luck. This is my backup catalog as well...

I'm going to try unmounting every disk and restarting the computer. Fingers crossed!

Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 6.37.04 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2019 0
Jao vdL LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two very important things to check if you are on Catalina is that the app's access is set correctly in System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Privacy -> Files and Folders as below:

Screen Shot 2019-11-16 at 9.00.20 AM.png

Lastly, if you are using external disks that are NTFS formatted, you might run into the problem where the diurvers you were using for that need to be updated. Mac OS X cannot natively write to such disks and those disks should be reformatted to HFS extended or APFS when you get them first or you need to use a third-party driver.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2019 0