Highlighted

Set Filename to title on multiple images

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, sorry for a newbie question, but the lack of support of Aperture for Catalina has finally moved me over to Lightroom Classic and Lightroom set up.  I have the latest versions.  

One thing which keeps bugging me (and I seem not to be able to find a solution, so need some of your experts help:  I post pictures onto Flickr - after switching, they all don't have titles anymore.  Is there any plug in or any workaround to set the filename to title as a batch change? Do I have to do this with Adobe Bridge? 

Thanks for your help - I won't be able to find pictures from Flickr without that 😉

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ian Lyons | Adobe Community Professional

Have you tried renaming the photos in Lightroom as shwon in below screenshot?

Alternatelively, you could have a look at Jeffrey Freidl's Flickr plugin at http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/flickr His p;igins tend to provide a much larger list of export options than Adobe's

rename-with-title-1.png

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Mac, Presets or profiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Set Filename to title on multiple images

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, sorry for a newbie question, but the lack of support of Aperture for Catalina has finally moved me over to Lightroom Classic and Lightroom set up.  I have the latest versions.  

One thing which keeps bugging me (and I seem not to be able to find a solution, so need some of your experts help:  I post pictures onto Flickr - after switching, they all don't have titles anymore.  Is there any plug in or any workaround to set the filename to title as a batch change? Do I have to do this with Adobe Bridge? 

Thanks for your help - I won't be able to find pictures from Flickr without that 😉

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ian Lyons | Adobe Community Professional

Alternatelively, you could have a look at Jeffrey Freidl's Flickr plugin at http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/flickr His p;igins tend to provide a much larger list of export options than Adobe's

rename-with-title-1.png

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Mac, Presets or profiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rename-with-title-1.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - this is something worth trying - do you do that on import or export?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are as many renaming conventions as there are folk using Lightroom. Some go for simplicity while others for highly descriptive filenames. Personally, I don't see the point of renaming photos during import if I'm going to cull a bunch of them them. Therefore, other than adding basic copyright info I don't do anything during import. I rename my photos after I've completed the culling process and appended any additional metadata to each photo. Photos will have the suffix 'Edited' appended during the export process to differniate them from the masters.

This video from Julieanne Kost might be useful to you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsDJJ0A84sg 

In this episode of The Complete Picture, Julieanne provides several suggestions for file naming conventions for creating templates for import, Batch Renaming...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again - I tried Jeffrey's Plug-in's and found the one I need Write- to in his Bag of Goodies.  Thats' all I needed, and saves me so much time, I made a small donation, too.  Thanks for your help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 04, 2020 0
Contributor ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue and I don't think I understand the answers here...

Windows 10, current Lightroom classic.

I would like to take the current file Name and put it in the title.  I thought that was what the original post was asking for.  You show a "Filename Template Editor", and in th eexample it looks like it's taking the title and using it for the file name - the opposite of what I'm after.  Am I incorrect in my understanding of the question and/or the answer?

If so, IS there a way to take a group of images in Lightroom, and copy the file name to the Title field?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 0