• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Set paper size for Picture Package

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brief overview - school photographer looking for a simplified way to produce print packages for orders. Same image in a variety of sizes. Have discovered the picture package function which is perfect for what we want but we cant get the paper size to which we require.

We have 2 photographic printers connected to our computers which we use sporadically. A large proportion of our printing is outsourced to a local lab. I have 2 templates set up one which needs to be 8x18.5in and another 6x12in. I cannot figure out a way to override the page setup to create templates of this size without taking into account our local printer settings. 

For example our LAN photo printers have a max printer setting for paper width of 7.99in which means, although slight, the templates for two 5x4 cells overlap slightly meaning cut lines are not viewable when printed by the lab we use.

Is there anyway around this? To be able to set paper size irrespective of which printer lightroom can see on the LAN?? Seems mad that to export a jpeg I cant set a paper size without being connected to a printers settings.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The printer settings must be used to set a paper size initially, and that does in the first instance refer to the physical properties of the printer device. So it's necessary to choose a printer for this step, which is capable of printing at the chosen size. A Custom page size can be set up within the same printer settings, if desired. And "borderless" mode may be chosen to get around whatever unprintable edge margins that particular printer would otherwise have imposed.

But this is just a one-off process to get a page layout defined (and saved into a named print preset, I suggest) for the purposes of JPG output - output will not depend on, nor interact with, this or any other print driver when it actually happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are doing a lot of photo packages with different sized images, you might want to consider exporting your JPEG images for printing, and then use a third party software, Qimage for assembling your packages. It really simplifies putting different sized images on the same page and printing multiple pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To output to a JPG file for outsourcing to a local lab.- I have no trouble setting any 'paper' size when I have set the Print module to [Print to: JPEG]. In [Custom File Dimensions] I just enter the file dimensions in the Print Job Panel and design my Picture Package to fit this format. Never even go to printer [Page Settings...].  Then I save the template!

ScreenShot420.jpgScreenShot421.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines