Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Setting Dimensions within Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Whom It May Concern:

I have downloaded and installed a “trial” copy of Lightroom (Lr). I have uploaded the photo that I’d like to manually adjust/customize to the following dimensions (see below) and need to know how to do so:

"For Digital Distribution, when you deliver the Art work it will need to be in the following dimensions: 2400 x 2400 pixel .JPG or .PNG file, at least 72 dpi and in RGB color mode (for physical printing, the file will need to be saved in CMYK). From here we can downsize the file to whatever dimensions needed for promotional purposes. I plan to post the on my website and in my social media; a best practice is to “Save for Web” in Photoshop to optimize the file size."

How do I make this happen within Lightroom (Lr)?

Best,

Linda

[Private information removed by moderator.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

1. In the Library mode/Grid view, select the photo(s) you want to edit.

2. Open the Develop mode.

3. Open the Crop Overlay tool (the first of the six icons beneath the histogram).

4. Open the aspect ratio drop-down menu by clicking on the double arrow next to the word "Original".

5. Select "1X1" and adjust the square overlay box to include as much of the image as you want by making the box smaller by pulling in the corners and/or moving (dragging) the image.

6. Close the Crop tool by clicking on the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is done when you export the image.

https://www.lightroompresets.com/blogs/pretty-presets-blog/15402065-exporting-images-for-print-web-a...

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are the best! Your kindness is greatly appreciated; there's no way I could have done this without your assistance!

Best,

Linda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. In the Library mode/Grid view, select the photo(s) you want to edit.

2. Open the Develop mode.

3. Open the Crop Overlay tool (the first of the six icons beneath the histogram).

4. Open the aspect ratio drop-down menu by clicking on the double arrow next to the word "Original".

5. Select "1X1" and adjust the square overlay box to include as much of the image as you want by making the box smaller by pulling in the corners and/or moving (dragging) the image.

6. Close the Crop tool by clicking on the icon again.

7. Do any other editing you may wish to do in the Develop mode.

8. From the File menu, select Export.

9. In the dialog window that opens:

a. In Export Location, set the folder where the edited version will be saved.

b. File Settings, set JPEG, Quality 70 - 90, Color Space sRGB (Lightroom cannot export images in CMYK space).

c. Image Sizing, check the Resize box and set Dimensions / 2400x2400 pixels. Resolution can be whatever you like, it is largely irrelevant.

d. Output Sharpening, Sharpen for / Screen, Amount / Standard.

10. Click on the "Export" button at the bottom of the window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many, many thanks to the Lightroom Geeks! You've gone above and beyond in sharing your knowledge regarding the software! Your kindness is greatly appreciated; there's no way I could have done this without your assistance!

Best,

Linda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/hot+texas  wrote

"For Digital Distribution, when you deliver the Art work it will need to be in the following dimensions: 2400 x 2400 pixel .JPG or .PNG file, at least 72 dpi and in RGB color mode (for physical printing, the file will need to be saved in CMYK). From here we can downsize the file to whatever dimensions needed for promotional purposes. I plan to post the on my website and in my social media; a best practice is to “Save for Web” in Photoshop to optimize the file size."

Just for you to know:

• You have 2 contrary requirements there. For print you need CMYK and the best quality. For the web, you need small files with a visually good quality. Save for Web (optimize the file size) in Photoshop will do no good to your picture for printing needs.

• A requirement that is often misunderstood, also here, is the dpi value. A picture of 2400x2400px and 72 dpi has 33.33" (84.67cm) side length. The same picture with 300 dpi (print density) has a side length of 8" (20.32cm). It's the same picture, the pixels only have a higher density.
ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines