Highlighted

Setting own book size in Lightroom not preset size

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have been looking through forums for months and have not found a solution to my question.

I am a wedding photographer and need to design book layouts, the major problem I have in Lightroom is that I cannot design books to the specific sizes my printer needs, instead am given the option of books only available on Blurb.

How can I set my own customised size So I can layout my books in Lightroom?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Setting own book size in Lightroom not preset size

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have been looking through forums for months and have not found a solution to my question.

I am a wedding photographer and need to design book layouts, the major problem I have in Lightroom is that I cannot design books to the specific sizes my printer needs, instead am given the option of books only available on Blurb.

How can I set my own customised size So I can layout my books in Lightroom?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 15, 2015 3
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2015 0
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No help, as all people are stating the same as me. same question no answer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2015 2
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Khalid Moon,

• You can create different Presets for your Book, but i believe that is not what you need.
  • What exactly do you mean by Book size, are you are talking about something like this InDesign Help | Creating book files
  • You can use the cells padding to edit existing ones and then save the result for reuse, but you can't start from scratch.
  • A "work-around" method for custom pages might be to create your page in the "Print" module as a Custom Package (eg 12x12inch collage of your design or you book size), then Print this to a JPG FILE. (not a printer). Now insert your "Custom" jpg as a full page image in the Book module process.If you save your custom prints they can be used repeatedly as a template to insert any images of your choice.The only downside to this method is that you create extra JPG files, but the upside is that you can create any custom collage of images possible.

Check this link for more details - BOOK Create custom page layouts? - Lightroom Forums

Regards

Rohit

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2015 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot design books to the specific sizes my printer needs,

Not possible in Lightroom!!

Try other software from a book/album printer.

Lightroom only uses page sizes as provided by Blurb ( as in the Book module- Book Settings Panel)

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.0, Photoshop 22.0.1, Lightroom 4.0, Windows-10 Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2015 0
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can see:

A method to create completely customized photo book page templates from scratch in Lightroom 5

Re: A method to create completely customized photo book page templates from scratch in Lightroom 5

I have applied this method to create my own templates using page sizes different from the standard pages included in Lightroom.

The procedure is not user friendly, but it is possible to make it work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2017 0
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now with 7.5 and ability to make custom layouts, the book module has gotten more attractive. But the critical feature of custom book sizes for own or non-Blurb printing is still missing. Please add custom book size to LR, please... I would just love to be able to do own fineart printing on quality paper for page sizes that fit the many options for own binding. Please.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 03, 2018 6
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fully agree! This would be a great addition to LR. I would also like to be able to design my own custom albums with custom sizes. Ideally even print them from LR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 02, 2020 2
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a way to do it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any workaround on this? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2020 0
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My thoughts are-

Choose a Book Page size that is as close as possible to your desired Page RATIO (eg. 11x13 might suit A4), Export the Book to JPEG, then trim the JPG files to your exact page requirements.

(For Blurb printing from Lr- no work-arounds!)

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.0, Photoshop 22.0.1, Lightroom 4.0, Windows-10 Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi! 
are you saying that i can't make a pdf book of any custom size? ...just on the 8 options available ? .... in 2020 .... on lightroom ? .... is this normal? ....whaaaat ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020 0
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sympathize, I am saying only what I know as another user of Lr-Classic! We are not Adobe here in this 'Community' forum.

"... is this normal?"  Well that is just how it is. Lr-Classic has the primary purposes of Library Data management and raw interpreter/editor. I believe the Book module was added in v4 to promote sales. Adobe would probably like you to use Adobe In Design if you are a 'serious' book creator.

You will get Adobe people seeing your post at the "feedback" forum- For example:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/european-paper-sizes-in-the-book-module

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ahhhh .... ok! ....so many forums and so many community suport "things".... that ...mistakes are made !:) thanks for the info!
meanwhile .... "added in v4 to promote sales" ... thats considered a bad move i think! ...and the "overlap" of "functionality" on 9 thousand apps and webservices and others ..... is just a big mess (in my opinion)! one cliente ...one product its not a thing ...just saying!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 1