• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Setting up LR with Apple mail

New Here ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a MacBook Pro (M1 chip) running on MacOS Big Sur 11.3.1 with the latest LR version.  I'm unable to setup the email feature (Apple mail).  When I send the email, it opens Apple mail but it doesn't send the email nor it opens a popup window allowing me to see or modify the email.

Any advice or workaround ?

Thanks, Carl

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

It's probably due to the fact that Lightroom Classic isn't yet fully M1 compatible but that's on the way soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's probably due to the fact that Lightroom Classic isn't yet fully M1 compatible but that's on the way soon. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not running on the M1 chip (macbook pro circa 2018) and I've been having this problem since the latest update to Big Sur (v.11.4) a few days ago.  I've seen this issue discussed on various threads with the usual description being that when you select a photo to email via Apple Mail, the progress bar shows the photo being prepared for email but Apple Mail doesn't launch.  In my case, the progress bar doesn't show anything at all after hitting the "send" button.

I've tried all the suggestions about going into Security and Privacy and toggling off and on Permissions for file access for LRc.  Northing seems to work.  Very frustrating as this is a basic functionality.  I don't want to have to set up a custom export as a workaround.

Any ideas much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Further to my post above, I tried setting up a send via google mail option and I got the same result ie. nothing at all, no progress bar and no sent email.  At this point, I'm wondering whether I should delete LRc and reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines