Highlighted

Sharing a DNG file with its develop settings

Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm trying unsuccessfully to export and share a dng file that has develop settings and presets applied so that these settings are visible and editable in another instance of LR.

Currently, if I export it then share the file with another Lightroom user, the develop settings don't show, i.e it appears like the default raw file. I've tried 'File>Export with presets' and 'Save Metadata to file'.

Is there a way to share a dng file with its develop settings so that another LR user can import the file into their catalog with the pre-applied develop settings visible and continue to further develop the file ? or am I trying to achieve something which isn't possible?  Many thanks

Lrc 2020_Win 10 Pro

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Sharing a DNG file with its develop settings

Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm trying unsuccessfully to export and share a dng file that has develop settings and presets applied so that these settings are visible and editable in another instance of LR.

Currently, if I export it then share the file with another Lightroom user, the develop settings don't show, i.e it appears like the default raw file. I've tried 'File>Export with presets' and 'Save Metadata to file'.

Is there a way to share a dng file with its develop settings so that another LR user can import the file into their catalog with the pre-applied develop settings visible and continue to further develop the file ? or am I trying to achieve something which isn't possible?  Many thanks

Lrc 2020_Win 10 Pro

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ensure you export with the appropriate DNG compatibility option. See the screen capture.

Screenshot 2020-06-19 at 10.41.59 AM.png

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS10.15.6: LrC 9.3, Lr 3.3, Ps 2020, Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears when using File> Export with Preset> Export to DNG the Develop settings are not saved to the file. Please use the Export module as shown in DdeGannes screenshot to create the DNG file. You can then also 'Add' a new Export preset using those settings. Use a unique name such as DNG + Settings, which will appear in the 'Export with Preset list.

Todd_Shaner_0-1592580978355.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Todd,

It must be a Windows Bug.   "File> Export with Preset> Export to DNG" includes the develop settings on my Mac. BTW, I didn't even know that menu item existed, I guess I never looked that close😀

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"File> Export with Preset> Export to DNG" includes the develop settings on my Mac.

Bob I went back and checked again and now the settings are showing! I know for sure they weren't on the first try so perhaps it's a one-time bug.

NHPhoto4 please try using File> Export with Preset> Export to DNG and see if it works now. After the export Import the DNG file into LR and see if the settings are showing. If so try using it again on another ssystem that previously didn't show the settings.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines