• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sharing face recognition results online

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know of a way to post the results of face recognition fron Lightroom Classic to an online album shared through Lightroom CC?  This is for a family photo archiving/labelling project where we want to share old B&W photos that we are scanning and allow users to search by person (as well as other keywords like events and location) and add comments about the subjects, location and time of the photo.  All sharing options seem to strip keywords and people labels and the filtering options for online albums is limited for users not signed up for LR.  I am using a Mac version of LR while my brother is using a Windows version.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt very much if that is possible due to Privacy issues.

I certainly haven't seen any evidence of posts on this or other forums referring to that.

Having just posted this reply, someone above has had limited success but I don't think the implications of that process identify directly a face with a name, from what has been written.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ID only current living family members and deceased persons and limit access distribution to only my own family.  Access URL is so lengthy and complex a string that it is not likely to be accidentally discovered or hacked.

I agree we should not post face ID names of other living persons without their permission.  I believe laws do allow posting names of deceased persons on uncopyrighted pics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply.  I'm sure the privacy issue is why it can't be done with a simple click, but we would put passwords on all the albums and get permissions before posting anything.  As far as I can tell, none of the keywords, titles or captions are displayed in the shared albums unless browsers sign up for an account and pay for the LR application (which is maybe why it is missing from the free view).  Thought about making up a long filename containing some info about the photo (like date, event, location etc) - has anyone had any luck with that approach?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines