• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sharing Lightroom preset from PC to MACOS

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know both Mac and PCs have XMP files for lightroom presets, however I still want to share a preset from a PC to a MAC. How can I export or convert the file to share with a MAC?

Message was edited by: Sahil Chawla

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Miranda,

As you're looking to transfer Lightroom presets from Windows PC to a Mac, please have a look at this article to know how you can export and migrate the presets: Export presets, settings, and plug-ins in Lightroom Classic

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the link given by Sahil is for Exporting PHOTOS with a Preset.

Preset files (.XMP) are basically 'text' files that work in both PC and Mac. And there is no 'Export' function in Lightroom-Classic for the Presets.

The way I "share" is to simply copy the .XMP files (and previously the 'old' .LRTEMPLATE) with a file browser and paste them to another computer. I also save a copy of the folders as a backup in my Creative Cloud folder, where they are available wherever I might want.

This article will tell -where you will find your preset files:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-classic-file-locations/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - this is what I'm having trouble with. "copy the files with a file browser and paste them to another computer." I don't know what file browser is, and I don't want to paste them to another computer, even if i knew how. I want to be able to send the files between both MACs and PC and share with anyone. I don't want to sync settings, I want to share the presets i've created with other lightroom users

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Both .XMP and .LRTEMPLATE preset files can be considered as 'text' files, and like most text, word, files they can be copied to any folder, USB stick, another drive, another computer. It is done in the operating system Mac/Finder or Windows/File Explorer (File browsers!). So copy the files, compress them in a .ZIP file if you want, then send, share, or save them as backups.
Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines