• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

sharing printer settings and icc profiles

Contributor ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hav my main pc with Windows 7 and an Epson Stylus Pro 4800 printer. I would like to figure out how to streamline transferring print setups with icc profiles to a shared laptop with Windows 10. I hope we can tolerate a half Lightroom, half printer question. Hopefully someone out there can point out a resource for getting all of my time consuming print setups over to my laptop.

Thank You

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

It would really help if you can share your feedback on our community:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom

As this forum is monitored by our engineers, and they might look into this for future releases.

We need more helping hands like you, as we're building towards a better user experience.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can export print settings from the Epson print driver, as described here:

https://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd4/cpd41370/source/printers/source/printing_software/windows...

and then import the settings on the laptop. You may need to use the same version of the print driver on both computers.

The Epson settings do not include settings from Lightroom.

I don't print from Lightroom, so I dont't know if it's possible to save presets for printing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not at all clear on what you need; transferring print setups? 

You can of course transfer Print presets. 

You cannot transfer the documents in an output color space because that would require:

1. Converting from RGB working space to printer color space and....

2. Printing without color management because the document is in the output color space and you can't print without color management in modern Adobe products. 

But maybe you can further explain what you're trying to do? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes thedigitaldog, transferring print presets is what I meant. Before, after dialing in settings for a print, I was able to save the preset in lightroom. I guess now the alternative is to save print? I am not seeing anywhere to save presets other than the printer driver. Maybe that's all I need.

I have pretty much duplicated my main print settings on my laptop since creating this post. Including downloading the icc profile and using it in lightroom. But, other than saving print, I'm not seeing how to save print presets anymore??

Lightroom Classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The print presents can be saved of course but you'll still need the ICC profiles on the other machine for starters. And I've never tried this so it's possible once the presets are loaded on 'the other machine' you'll still need to setup the color management and such and 'resave' them. Maybe not but I'd certainly test this. What you might want to examine is the "Save Presets with Catalog" preference such they are easily accessible on both machines with both catalogs. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You. But are we no longer able to just simply save the preset? I'm not able to find that in lightroom anymore.

Googled it and stiill came up empty. Probably just right in front of me and I'm not seeing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should still be able to save and recover the preset but depending on how you setup your preferences and OS, it may be in differing locations. Hence, first thing I'd do is set prefereces to 'store presets with catalog' and then hunt down that preset. Or you can click on it, use the contextual menu and select "Export" to save to another location. This saves it as a XXX.lrtemplate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines