• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shortcut for Fit To View

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want a shortcut that takes me back to "Fit to View" - get the big picture.  I've looked & I don't think there is. The 'Z' doesn't always (usually doesn't) return to "View it all". Hitting Ctrl-'-' 5 times isn't the answer either.

Am I missing something?

Would be nice to zoom to 1:1 with a key for sharpness, spot removal, precision brushing, etc. 'Z' kinda does that - but not quite.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't use keyboard shortcuts at all for that. Click once in the image for 1:1, click once more to return to Fit View.

In Library you first double-click to get Fit View, then as above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What size image are you working with?

With smaller, lower Pixel Count, images going to the 1:1 view can make the image smaller and Fit View makes it bigger. The Opposite of what you would expect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might like to have a look through here and either submit or support a feature request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this is relevant to your question, but-

1) Click the mouse cursor on 'Fit' on the Navigator panel header,

2) Click the mouse cursor on '1:1'

Now you can toggle the Zoom view by pressing the [SPACEBAR]. 

The zoom view will toggle   Fit<>1:1 until you click to change the zoom options.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I do use the 'Z' key on occasion. About 75% of the time, it does what I think it should. 25mp images - pretty normal.

I have recently been clicking on the 'Fit' button. If that is the way, it needs to be bigger (bigger target) - Fitts law and all that. 

Which leads to the feature request link. Yep. That is probably the next step. I just don't want Lightroom to become like Word - all things to all people - in all ways. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines