Highlighted

Shortcut Toolbar in Upper Left Corner

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been searching everywhere, but cannot find anything. Maybe someone here can help me out?

My boss has been using Lightroom for many years now, and his version had shortcut buttons in the upper left corner. These buttons included options such as: Email Photo, Create Virtual Copy, etc. This has mysteriously disappeared from his application (as things do in Lightroom). I do remember seeing it, but I cannot find any reference to this online, or in any of the settings in Lightroom.

Has anyone used this shortcut toolbar? Is it an extension? Any advice?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Shortcut Toolbar in Upper Left Corner

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been searching everywhere, but cannot find anything. Maybe someone here can help me out?

My boss has been using Lightroom for many years now, and his version had shortcut buttons in the upper left corner. These buttons included options such as: Email Photo, Create Virtual Copy, etc. This has mysteriously disappeared from his application (as things do in Lightroom). I do remember seeing it, but I cannot find any reference to this online, or in any of the settings in Lightroom.

Has anyone used this shortcut toolbar? Is it an extension? Any advice?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean the Menu bar? 

image.png

If it's not visible, you're in Full screen mode.

Press Shift + F once or twice to bring it back.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's not the menu bar. He did have it stuck in fullscreen, and I showed him how to fix that.

This is something within Lightroom itself, near the Navigator, that had single buttons to click, which he would use to create virtual copies and email photos.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 05, 2020 0
Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no buttons in Lightroom to create virtual copies or email photos.

These commands are accessed either by using the menu, using keyboard shortcuts, or right clicking the image and choosing the action from a context menu.

The shortcut for creating a virtual copy is Ctrl (Cmd on a Mac) + '

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that is all I've found online as well. However,  I do remember seeing those buttons (create copy, email photo, and I believe an export shortcut) up there when I was using Lightroom on his computer. This makes me wonder if he had an extension installed that provided shortcut buttons? I'm really at a loss, because I cannot find a reference to something like this anywhere...

Thank you for your help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 05, 2020 0
Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are certainlyu MISS Remembering. I have used LR from version one and there has never been any buttons/shortcuts/whatever in either the upper left or right of the LR interface.

Other than the actual Menu bar and keyboard shortcuts.

I beleive you might be thinking of some other program. I think you might be thinking of Windows Photo Viewer.

2020-03-05 17_23_09-E__Pictures 2018 JPG.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I know for a fact it was Lightroom he was using (he also only uses Mac). I agree that I have never seen it any other context than a couple weeks ago when I was helping him export photos. This makes me think perhaps it was an extension, but I cannot find any information about it anywhere.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 08, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Revisit that friend and take a new look, capture a screenshot, and have him e-mail it to you so you can share

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 08, 2020 0
Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have been using and teaching LR since version 1 - never saw any such buttons and do not ever remember any type of shortcut that could create them...!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 08, 2020 0
Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@pigozzicollection

QUOTE:

Thanks for the reply. I know for a fact it was Lightroom he was using (he also only uses Mac). I agree that I have never seen it any other context than a couple weeks ago when I was helping him export photos. This makes me think perhaps it was an extension, but I cannot find any information about it anywhere.

END QUOTE:

Was he using LIGHTROOM, the newest version which is the Cloud base version, or The Traditional version with a new name LR Classic.

Even looking at the newer cloud base version in tutorials there are NO icons for what you thought you saw.

So the only thing possible is you were looking at a different program. I have no idea what that program could be.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He uses Lightroom Classic, and I know for sure it was in that program.

But also, I hear you. I haven't been able to find anything like it in any of my searches, including looking at various screen shots and video tutorials. I have no idea how it was configured to work that way, and what happened to make those options disappear. Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 11, 2020 0
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are mistaken, really. There was never such a shortcut bar.

There was never a way to configure LR, Traditional, to have what you think you saw.

You say "But also, I hear you". But it seems you don't.

Best of luck.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 11, 2020 0
Enthusiast ,
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I have the answer to your missing toolbar:

For PCs with touchscreens you can enable Lightroom's touch workspace:

Annotation 2020-03-11 213344.png

Then in the Top right corner (not left) there is a "Share" icon

Annotation 2020-03-11 214411.png

Clicking on that icon shows the options that you have been describing:

Annotation 2020-03-11 215811.png

If you do not have a touchscreen then the touch workspace icon does not show up.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 11, 2020 0