Highlighted

Show all other Lightroom Presets

Explorer ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom Classic v 7.3.1 and Mac os Mojave. I have some brush presets with the file format xxxx.lrtemplate  I understand from the developer, Matt Kloskowski, that to install them I need to click on  the 'Show all other Lightroom Presets, box in Preferences - Presets. So that they would show up when using an adjustment brush under Effects - Custom, in the Develop module. In LR Classic 7.3.1 there is no box labelled 'Show all other Lightroom presets'. My question is which is the earliest version of LR Classic that has that box and the 'Show Develop Presets' box? I don't want to upgrade to the latest version of Lightroom at this time, just to whichever one will allow me to install these presets.

Thanks for your help,

Topics

How to, Mac, Presets or profiles, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Show all other Lightroom Presets

Explorer ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom Classic v 7.3.1 and Mac os Mojave. I have some brush presets with the file format xxxx.lrtemplate  I understand from the developer, Matt Kloskowski, that to install them I need to click on  the 'Show all other Lightroom Presets, box in Preferences - Presets. So that they would show up when using an adjustment brush under Effects - Custom, in the Develop module. In LR Classic 7.3.1 there is no box labelled 'Show all other Lightroom presets'. My question is which is the earliest version of LR Classic that has that box and the 'Show Develop Presets' box? I don't want to upgrade to the latest version of Lightroom at this time, just to whichever one will allow me to install these presets.

Thanks for your help,

Topics

How to, Mac, Presets or profiles, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't tell you when that option first appeared. The whole presets tab has undergone a lot of changes in the last update or two. What is preventing you from moving forward to the most recent update? Sorry, I'm not being much help, I realize.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JimHess, thanks. I'm hesitant to upgrade because I don't want a lot of hassle with it not working or having to learn my way round a new interface. Maybe if you can tell me something else. It is obviously a long time since I did an upgrade, there used to be the facility to keep the old version and do a separate install of the new version. Is that still possible - and are you sure about that. Thanks for being helpful.  Ruth

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 10, and have never had a problem with an update or an upgrade not working. I'm using an old HP Pavilion computer (eight years old), and haven't had a problem with any update or upgrade. New versions bring new features, but the interface stays pretty much the same. And you can go to the calibration section and change process versions and get previous "interfaces" somewhat restored. I would think you would want to keep your version of Lightroom Classic current, but that is my opinion. On the other hand, if you install the current update and find it is suitable, there are options in the creative cloud manager to install previous versions. But it is up to you how you decide to manage your own installation.

I don't think there is an option (at least on Windows) to maintain two different versions of Lightroom on the same computer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to install them in User/YourUserName/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Local Adjustment Presets.

Please note that the user Library folder can be hidden. https://osxdaily.com/2016/12/12/show-user-library-folder-macos-sierra/

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Johan W. Elzenga thank you. That's exactly what I wanted to know. I have put the presets in there, and they appear in Lightroom where they should. I haven't yet tested to see if they work, but if they don't I shall be surprised.

Thanks again,

Ruth

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The presets change occured at v7.2.  7.3,  So you have already upgraded past that point, time to move on to 9.2?

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYx899_tNP8

https://lightroomkillertips.com/managing-develop-presets-7-3-update-classic/

https://blog.thomasfitzgeraldphotography.com/blog/2018/4/managing-lightroom-presets-in-lightroom-cla...

and latter: 

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/missing-default-presets-75/

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3
You may have noticed a few glitches in Lightroom Classic's early April 2018 Update. Missing presets and presets that are out of order are now all fixed with ...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see:

https://blog.thomasfitzgeraldphotography.com/blog/2020/5/all-the-features-added-to-lightroom-since-t...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
CRuthy4 LATEST
Explorer ,
May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks David. I read the blog, very interesting and thought-provoking. Maybe it is time to upgrade.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines