• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show Highlights in Library View

Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to be able to see an indication of blown highlights when I'm first reviewing images in the Library module, to help me decide which images to discard or to mark with a certain star rating.

As far as I can tell, highlights indication is only available in the Develop module. I know I can look at the histogram, but that fails to tell me where the highlights a blown -- I may not care if it's the sky but it's important if it's a face or other subject.

Is that right? If so, it's a drawback compared to how Aperture handled the issue.

Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Submit your feature request to Adobe. There is a link on the main page of this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do -- thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the highlight clipping indicator is not reliable for detecting actual raw file data clipping. It may show clipping, but the image area highlights may be fully recoverable using -Highlights, -Exposure, or the same settings with the Local controls. Because of this it's imperative you check the image file using these settings in the Develop module. In the case of non raw files (JPEG, PNG, TIFF, PSD) the clipping indicators are correct and having the capability you request my be useful. However, it would be misleading with raw files so of limited value.

You can use RawDigger to determine if a raw file has actually clipped image areas.

https://www.rawdigger.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Todd. Highlights clipping might not be terribly accurate, but it would be a quick and dirty way to tell how far my exposure pushed things. I found it very helpful in Aperture as a general alert to the possibility of lost detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're going to make this request I suggest asking for a user selectable option to show the actual raw data clipping. That would be far more useful. Just a suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good idea -- will do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines