• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show Local Adjustment Mask(s)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can you tell if there is a mask on a photo? It seems the only way is to click on a local edit tool and see if a pin shows up, which can be hard because they are inconspicuous.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

My dumb workaround is to open Graduated Filter, Radial Filter, or Adjustment Brush, and then click the Reset text at the bottom of the panel (not the big Reset button at the bottom of the panel stack). If a Reset step is added to the History panel, that means something was applied, then I undo the reset and look for the pins.

If a Reset step is not added to the History panel, there were no adjustments for that tool.

In either case you have to remember to Undo the reset.

If you need to chec

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Were not the adjustment brushes applied by you?

As you stated, select the adjustment brush panel, look for pins, select a pin, press O to see an overlay of that particular brush.

You could also look at the history panel, look for the states matching a brush.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

You might also get a 'visual' appearance of difference in the image if you 'Switch' off an Adjustment Panel with the switch on the lower-left of each tool panel. Click again to 'restore' the tool adjustments.

ScreenShot103.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Not anymore.

With the Adjustment Brush select hit the o (that is OH not Zero) key and that will turn on the Overlay which may make seeing the Adjustment Pins easier. And ot have LrC set to Always Show Adjustement Pins.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention: LR 9.2, MAC OS10.15 (Catalina)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, is there a way to edit previously posted posts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not anymore.

With the Adjustment Brush select hit the o (that is OH not Zero) key and that will turn on the Overlay which may make seeing the Adjustment Pins easier. And ot have LrC set to Always Show Adjustement Pins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My dumb workaround is to open Graduated Filter, Radial Filter, or Adjustment Brush, and then click the Reset text at the bottom of the panel (not the big Reset button at the bottom of the panel stack). If a Reset step is added to the History panel, that means something was applied, then I undo the reset and look for the pins.

If a Reset step is not added to the History panel, there were no adjustments for that tool.

In either case you have to remember to Undo the reset.

If you need to check all three tools quickly you can hold the pointer over the Reset text and use keyboard shortcuts to switch tools, so: M, click Reset, Shift-M, click Reset, K, click Reset; check the History panel. Then undo them all.

The reasons I do it this way are that the pins can be difficult to see on a busy image, so it’s easy to miss one just by looking. And if an adjustment is subtle, the difference might not be noticed by toggling the panel enable/disable switch. But watching for a difference in the History panel is definitive.

Post editing is controlled by the moderators. It used to be possible, but apparently it was being abused by some who edited spam into posts after they were initially approved. No word on if the moderators are going to switch editing back on at some point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were not the adjustment brushes applied by you?

As you stated, select the adjustment brush panel, look for pins, select a pin, press O to see an overlay of that particular brush.

You could also look at the history panel, look for the states matching a brush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might also get a 'visual' appearance of difference in the image if you 'Switch' off an Adjustment Panel with the switch on the lower-left of each tool panel. Click again to 'restore' the tool adjustments.

ScreenShot103.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your answers. I was aware of most of the work-arounds you suggested so I guess the answer is "that's the way it is". I wish the developers will bring in an easier way to tell when a photo has local changes. Bigger pins, a label, even a different pin color would help. It would also be great if there were a label that tells you the local changes exist in the first place, rather than having to look for them. Just as you can readily see the sliders are not "neutral" positions. Oh, well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines