• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Since The Release of the Newest LR, Now FIles are now no longer numbered

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now with the newest release, I have lost the continued numbering of my files, the numbering has stopped...as it had been set up for years.

In addition to this, all my metadata dissapeared as well, and I have to re-set up for every new catalog I create. This is very time consuming not to mention confusing! In the attached image, the file name is there....but when I export there is an issue, it makes the image number something completely different and so if I export images seperately, one at a time for exaple, it asks for a "unique file name".

ErinLongPhotography_1.jpg is what it uses every single time.....like it does not use the unique number that already should live in the images, but reverts back to 1 every single export.

Is this something others are/have been experiencing? Is there a fix to this? Do I really need to re-set up these things every single catalog?

It feels like I am missing something, please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please state the version NUMBER of Lightroom Classic you are using. ("Newest release" doesn't really indicate the version NUMBER)

This is certainly not what anyone else is experiencing. Most likely, there is a setting somewhere that has been accidentally changed to account for the bizarre file numbering/file naming. You should definitely check your Export options carefully.

In addition to this, all my metadata dissapeared as well, and I have to re-set up for every new catalog I create.

More details would be helpful, as again, this is not what others experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have lost the continued numbering of my files, the numbering has stopped...as it had been set up for years.

By that, are you referring to file renaming during import?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you had setup a file rename template, and applied that during import. This got reset, so now your files are not renamed. Next time you import images, restore that template in the import dialog. You can still use this template to rename the files that got imported but not yet renamed. Select them, then go 'Library - Rename Photos'.

You can also rename on export, but sequence numbers will only apply to a single batch, and reset between batches.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I am going to try what you have suggested here 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines