• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slideshow freeze issue Lightroom

Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of the blue the slideshow module dot not work anymore. When I switch to it, I  get a grey screen and nothing happens anymore.

Did following:

- force close and restart Lr: same issue

- de-installed and re-installed for the Web through Creytive cloud (subscirptiuon) : excatly the same.

There must be some serious bugs arround, that a program working for sevceral month all of a sudden get stuck.

I can still process DNGs and export them.

Running WIN10 full crurrent with the updates installed on a Lenovo P700 Workstation.

Has anyone seen this problem ?

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Francois,

Sorry to hear about Lightroom freezing, could you please let us know the version of Lightroom you're working on?

Have you tried turning off the GPU option from Lightroom's preferences? Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom.

Please try the solution mentioned in this article to reset the preferences of Lightroom manually and let us know if it helps:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shahil, many thanks for your reply.

• The version is 9.2.1  JUST UPDATED TODAY. Same problem.  

I disabled the NVIDIA Quadro K2200 – 4G, but unfortunately the same. Slideshow module is dead.

Please advise accordingly.

With my best regards.....Francois

Email dicated using naturally Speaking R15.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi François and Shahil.
I do experiment the same trouble.
I run LrC 9.4 on a brand new iMac 2020,1 ( macOS Catalina, core i7, 64 Go DDR4, Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8Go).
For instance, after selecting 1753 photos, the countdown takes 13 minutes to reache photo # 1136, and then hangs.
Same thing with a catalog on my external SSD or on the HDD.
Same thing after exportig a selection as a new catalog.
I had a long chat with PRAWEEN KUMAR from Adobe support. He tried to change some settings with the permissions of user acount, but no effect. Finally, he said Apple have to help reinstalling graphic card driver.
I was surprised ! Nevertheless, I contacted Apple support. Apple support asked me not to proceed with a migration from my old iMac, instead do a new install of the all system, and then a clean install of LrC. The same bug again !
I'm curently stuck here, Adobe and Apple rejecting the issue on the other partner.

I plan to cancel my Adobe photo subscription.

The best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines