Slideshow in LR

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to make a slideshow in Lightroom Classic. My raw images are were exported into a folder on my desktop from Lightroom as jpg files sized 1980x1080 pixels at 180 resolution. I reimported them into Lightroom. Then I put them into a collection & arranged them. I then made a slideshow. The images are way too small in the slide show & I cannot figure out what is wrong or how to correct the image size. Is this because I am using jpg files?

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this because I am using jpg files?

No. The slideshow module will work with any file type in the Catalog.

You exported at 1980x1080. Have you actually checked that the JPGs in the Catalog are, in fact, 1980x1080?

And- How are the Guides (photo cell boundaries) set in the Layout Panel?

A hint: You can check a box in the export dialog that automatically 'adds' the exported JPGs to the Catalog. No need to Import files!

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.3, Photoshop 22.4.2, Lightroom 4.3, Windows-10 Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WobertC, Thanks for replying. Yes, I just confirmed that the jpgs are the expected size. Many are actually bigger at 2800x1867 & 3800x1900. The Guides are at zero.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you 'Exported' with the Resize option checked and entered W 1920px H 1080px, Then ALL the exported JPGs should be of a pixel size that 'FITS' within those size limits! No exported files should EXCEED these dimensions.

eg. Any large image file cropped to be 'Square' would export to JPG as 1080px x 1080px. A narrow horizontal panorama might export as 1920px x 600px.

Check your Export dialog for Resize. Check that you are using only the resized files in the Slideshow.

And yet, even files that are "actually bigger" (eg. any 'original' photos) should display in the Slideshow module OK. Lightroom automatically resizes them to fit within the 'Guides' that are all "set to zero".

Where are you viewing the slideshow to see the images "too small"?

What type of screen are you viewing on? HD, 4K?

Provide a screen-clip of your Slideshow module using the [Insert Photos] icon above your reply.

Provide a screen-clip of the "too small" appearance.

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.3, Photoshop 22.4.2, Lightroom 4.3, Windows-10 Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a 2017 iMac 27" with a 5K monitor using the latest Big Sur v 11.0.1. All of the images were exported to a max size of 1920x1080 in Lightroom Classic & that has been confirmed. See screen shots. Thanks, Vince

Pellegrini 01.jpgPellegrini 02.jpgPellegrini 03.jpgPellegrini 04.jpgPellegrini 05.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Weird! And I do not have experience with 5K screens, and I think this might be related to the problem, so see if some Mac users chime in with answers. (Images may be displaying as 1:1 screen pixel dimensions!)

I see different sizes in your clips- The LrC 're-size' in export will only 'up-size' small photos if [Don't Enlarge] is not checked. Small images (eg. 900x400px) will remain at this size. How is your 'Export' option set?

Have you tried checking the [Zoom to Fill] option in the SS?

And also strange, you have [Show Guides] checked, but I do not see them in your screen-clips.

Persevere!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines