Highlighted

Slideshow will not Zoom to Fill Frame or Play in Random Order

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

So the subject pretty much says it all. I'm interested in being able to sift through a folder of images like a slide show such that 1.) the images are stretched to "fill the frame" (by which I mean the longer side of the image fills edge to edge, leaving black on the shorter edge if the image is not the same aspect ratio as the screen — Lightroom Classic does this beautifully in Library or Develop mode when you go Full Screen) and 2.) they play back in random order.

What's confusing to me is that there appear to me to be settings in the Slide Show module to do both of these things: 1.) the "Zoom to Fill Frame" option and 2.) the "Random Order" option. And neither of them works. The images are shown at their "actual" pixel depth on the screen, rather than being stretched (so that in many cases there is black all around the images), and they play in the order of the folder, not randomly at all.

Am I being stupid? Do these options not do what it appears they should do?

Thanks for any advice!

T

Topics

FAQ, How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Slideshow will not Zoom to Fill Frame or Play in Random Order

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

So the subject pretty much says it all. I'm interested in being able to sift through a folder of images like a slide show such that 1.) the images are stretched to "fill the frame" (by which I mean the longer side of the image fills edge to edge, leaving black on the shorter edge if the image is not the same aspect ratio as the screen — Lightroom Classic does this beautifully in Library or Develop mode when you go Full Screen) and 2.) they play back in random order.

What's confusing to me is that there appear to me to be settings in the Slide Show module to do both of these things: 1.) the "Zoom to Fill Frame" option and 2.) the "Random Order" option. And neither of them works. The images are shown at their "actual" pixel depth on the screen, rather than being stretched (so that in many cases there is black all around the images), and they play in the order of the folder, not randomly at all.

Am I being stupid? Do these options not do what it appears they should do?

Thanks for any advice!

T

Topics

FAQ, How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
gary_sc LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sandwhichmonkey,

You didn't say but the one question I do have for you is the resolution of your images and the resolution of your screen. 

Here's the deal: lets say your images are 2400 x 2000 and your screen's resolutio is 3600 x 3000. Those images do not have enough resolution to display beyond 100% and that's all that the slideshow will allow. The images can be smaller than your screen but will not be zoomed in any further. To do so would make the images fuzzy and soft and then folks would complain that watching images in Slideshow gives fuzzy/soft images. 

Am I correct on the resolution issue or is it something else?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines