• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow GPU Rendering when in Develop mode

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a forum newbie running Lightroom Classic 7.3 under Windows 10 (Intel 3770K, 32gb RAM, Asus 660ti 2 GB GPU).

Graphics Processor Info:
OpenGL: GeForce GTX 660 Ti/PCIe/SSE2

Check OpenGL support: Passed
Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 391.35
Renderer: GeForce GTX 660 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
LanguageVersion: 3.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
Total Video Memory: 2048 MB    

With GPU enabled in Preferences, when I click on a photo (JPEG) in Develop mode the GPU rendering 'spinner' appears and slider changes take ages to render. With GPU optimisation switched off, rendering is much faster. This has only started happening in the last release. Has something changed under the covers (or is my GPU no longer 'good enough'). It is very annoying to have invested in a half decent graphics card only to find it no longer works in harmony with the latest Lightroom version. 

Any help or suggestions much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Your GPU (GeForce GTX 660) is not (and has never been) supported for GPU acceleration in Lightroom, and so you need to turn off the GPU acceleration by unchecking the "Use Graphics Processor" box in preferences.

Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your GPU (GeForce GTX 660) is not (and has never been) supported for GPU acceleration in Lightroom, and so you need to turn off the GPU acceleration by unchecking the "Use Graphics Processor" box in preferences.

Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dj_paige,

Thank you for your quick, and helpful response.

I am a bit confused as the 600ti meets Lightroom requirements in respect of Direct X, Open GL and VRAM support. However, I'm about to pull the card and replace it with a GT1050ti with 4GB of VRAM. Hopefully this should address the GPU rendering 'spinner' problem,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't bank on that ReyFSmits,I found this thread whilst looking for info as to why Lightroom is quicker with GPU acceleration switched off, I am running a 1050ti 4gb card. Working through 1000+ images, all very similar and just requiring cropping, each image takes a few seconds to load before I can use the crop tool with GPU acceleration on, immediate load and crop with it off. I guess the list of supported GPU's is short! A pointless feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to replace the board and install asus ROG STRIX-GTX1050TI 4Gb. Anyone can tell me if this card is recognized by Photoshop and Lightroom 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the GTX 1050 Ti works with your software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm. I am using the GeForce GTX 1050Ti card with Lightroom 8 and Photoshop 2019 without any issues!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6gb. I am seeing similar issues mentioned by OP. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got an RX 570 card and I have the same problem the slow GPU render. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you doing that is slow? Be specific.

What software are you using? Be specific, provide the version NUMBER.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm currently using Lightroom Classic CC 2019 ver. 8.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines