• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Small arrows in upper left corner of lightroom imports Driving Me Nuts!

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help I am using the most recent version of LRC (Desktop) when I import pictures I have a small blk box with L/R direction arrows in the upper left corner. I do not know what is causing it or what they mean for that matter but it is as I said "making me Nuts!"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

That is the icon for saying you have set the import option to use the Embedded JPG image that is always included in a RAW file, or the Sidecard file, as the LrC Preview. Once you open that image in the Loupe View or in Develop that icon will go away and LrC will have built its own Preview file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screen shot of what you are seeing on your screen.

From time to time other posts similar to your pop up saying they have this THING on there screen and don't know what it is or how to get ride of it.

In most case it is from some other software utility for a Mouse or Game or something and has nothing to do with LrC.

Until we see a screen shot of what you are talking about it is hard to say what it is and what it is from.

I certainly don't have anything like what you are describing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a an example upper left corner small blk box with arrows

Untitled.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the icon for saying you have set the import option to use the Embedded JPG image that is always included in a RAW file, or the Sidecard file, as the LrC Preview. Once you open that image in the Loupe View or in Develop that icon will go away and LrC will have built its own Preview file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent answer and description!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for me it does not go away, what could be causing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CHeck your import settings. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can always send us a screen shot of your settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines