• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smart Preview / Export Exposure Problem

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I hope someone can help as I am having problems in LR CC with my Sony RAW / ARW files.

I’m currently shooting RAW on Sony A9 with in camera profile set to Standard / DRO OFF (I know it doesn’t make a difference when your shooting RAW).

When I important Lightroom CC (v.8.0) I always import with standard sized previews and then build smart previews. Profile is set to Adobe Standard as this is my preferred ‘look’.

When building has finished I usually change the name of the RAW folder so I can work quicker editing just the smart previews. (Use Smart Previews instead of Originals for image editing is also set in preferences).

I edit the images in Smart Preview and no problems, everything looks fine. Exposures are correct and no flashing / change in exposure when images are selected in Develop.

The problem is when I export. I change the folder name back to the original so Original Photo is displayed below the histogram.

Upon export to JPEG about 10 in 100 x images will come out under-exposed. They are being exported full size 6000px x 4000px and not smart preview size.

When I go back into Lightroom and click on the image that has exported under-exposed it flashes first to the correct exposure setting and then a few seconds later it shows the under-exposed image and this is what it is exporting.

This is very frustrating as I edit an entire wedding of 1000 x images in smart previews and around 10% are exporting underexposed.

I cannot edit just in Originals as its too slow! I must use Smart Previews.

Has anyone got any idea why this is happening?

Please please please help!

Screenshots of export settings below and video of the exposure / smart preview problem is here…

https://vimeo.com/297355998/d8ca24cec8

Thanks all

Jamie

LR CC 8.0

Camera RAW 11.0

Sony A9 / v.3.01

OSX High Sierra

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013)

3.1 GHz Intel Core i7

Colour Profile / Display calibrated with ColorMunki

EXPORT 001.pngEXPORT 002.png

EXPORT 003.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! Have you solved it? I have the same problem with my Sony A9 raws.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines