Highlighted

smart previews only for library mode

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear,

I would like to read smart preview picture from my hdd and use original photo only if I go to developpe mode, is it possible?

Regards

TOPICS
Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

smart previews only for library mode

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear,

I would like to read smart preview picture from my hdd and use original photo only if I go to developpe mode, is it possible?

Regards

TOPICS
Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Library module uses Previews files, not Smart Previews.

Lightroom Develop module uses smart previews for when original files are unavailable e.g. on an external drive that is not attached.

When you sync Lightroom Classic (LrC) with the Adobe Creative Cloud, Smart previews are uploaded to your storage so the can be available to your mobile devices so you can do edits there which will be synced back to LrC.

See the attached link for more info.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=A0geKIwFLAZfhEUA_ZhXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTByMHVzM20zBGNvb... 

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS 11.0: LrC 10, Lr 4, Ps 22.0.1,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2020 0
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From your perspective or point of view, what would be the advantage of doing this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2020 0
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thought for you to understand, Smart Previews are not a regular image file that you can just use in any regular browser type file. They are proprietory files that used by LrC, Lr and Lr Mobile.

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS 11.0: LrC 10, Lr 4, Ps 22.0.1,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2020 0
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set the Preference on the 'Performance' tab-

ScreenShot210.jpg

Developing will use the Smart Preview, but if you Export or Print then Lr will look to the full-size file.

As stated by Dennis- The Library View uses standard Previews (Minimal, Standard, 1:1)

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.0, Photoshop 22.0.1, Lightroom 4.0, Windows-10 Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use OneDrive with free up option, everything on cloud.

When i am disconnected LR use smart preview and it s perfect, when I am connected LR upload all file I see in library to build preview and it s.... long very long when I have a small connection.

If I go to develop module i am ok to download 15Mb or 250Mb if large file from photoshop, but not to navigate in library.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 09, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there is an option to use Smart Previews in the Library Module. As far as I know, it always uses the "regular" previews.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 09, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found solution:

I use rclone to mount volume;

If I import I mount volume

If I need to develope I mount the volume

If I just want select and remove picture, I unmount the volume.

It's work!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 12, 2020 0