Smart Previews

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I did the update to Lightroom v 10.0 I keep getting a message everytime I try to import photos saying that Smart Previews were not built.  I have the appropriate box checked when I go to import but that doesn't seem to matter.  I know others are having the same issue.  But what do I do until Adobe fixes the issue?

TOPICS
Bug, Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the Import, then from the Menu: Library > Previews > Build Smart Previews.

You can build SPs for photos in the Library at any time.

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.2, Photoshop 22.3, Lightroom 4.2, Windows-10 Nikon DSLR.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As above but then do a Test import of new images and have the Build Smart Preview option check and see if it then can build them.

I suspect itis because the Smart Previews.lrdata folder is not created already and it will work once that folder is created. Doing the build smart previews from the menu option will create that folder.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines