Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smugmug Plugin is republishing over and over

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there 

Last week I bought smugmug pro to upload all my photos to them. I am using the official plugin, created folders and then put smart galleries into them with the rule that each smart gallery represents a subfolder. That worked perfect.

But now I have the problem, that evetytime I click on an already published smart gallery, lightroom says the photos are modified and has to republish again. Even after creating a new smart collection and publishing them for the first time, immediately after uploading they are shown as "modified" and republished again. This is endless.

A Google search showed a forum Post 4 years ago with this bug. Is it still unfixed after 4 years? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LR does sometimes spuriously marks publish-service photos as Modified, though usually it's a one-time event occurring after an upgrade to a new major version of LR.  Republishing the photos once (or manually marking them as published) makes the problem go away (at least for a long time).  I don't recall seeing any reports of the misbehavior you're observing, with photos immediately getting marked as Modified.

Adobe hasn't paid any attention over the years to these occasional report, so as a practical matter complaining to Adobe isn't going to solve the issue.  I think your only option is to get Smugmug (the developer of the plugin) to pay attention, and if they can diagnose the cause, work with Adobe to fix the bug. 

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines