• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

So many crashes with LR and PS. Can Adobe please stop releasing software that has so many issues?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously though, Adobe.  Stability should be your NUMBER ONE PRIORITY!!!!!

I can't even move folders around without crashing.  Panoramas, exports, imports... wow. 

I don't care about a sweet new update if it crashes every 20 min.  That's a downgrade, not an upgrade.

Nothing new in your world, but do you really think you should be beta testing your software on your customers?

it's a monthly subscription, You're not looking to get people paying to upgrade, so why the rush?

It's one thing if I rushed to update without researching, but since it keeps defaulting to auto, it's on you.  And what's with these awful new icons? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are having crashes every 20 minutes or even once a day you have other issues with your computer besides Lightroom.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, I don't recall LR or PS crashing on me in years. That's just me but the point is, you *may* have other issues (like bad memory) that is causing this so don't assume it's the Adobe products. 

You don't tell us your OS. Or any other data about your system so if you wish to go past an understatable rant, and desire actual help, let's concentrate on specifics. 

Have you tried deleting preferences? 

Try trashing your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings.

(Mac OS only) Open the Preferences folder in the Library folder, and drag the Adobe Photoshop CS Settings folder to the Trash.

This action only affects the items found in the preferences dialog box. Numerous program settings are stored in the Adobe Photoshop Preferences file, including general display options, file-saving options, performance options, cursor options, transparency options, type options, and options for plug‑ins and scratch disks. Brushes (and lots of other setting) are not affected by the above instructions for deleting preferences. You may wish to make a screen capture of the settings in the Preferences dialog to reset them prior to deleting of this file. 

And LR:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work many hours in both Photoshop and Lightroom Classic and I have to agree with the others: I have not seen either of them crash in a while. No one can deny that yours are crashing,  but it means the next step is probably general system troubleshooting.

Crashes while doing simple things like moving files may suggest issues with the drive directory, for example. Very low free storage space could also cause these problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

davidg36166309_0-1594402629730.png

davidg36166309_1-1594402629731.png

davidg36166309_2-1594402629731.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines