• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Soft proofing not working

Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no difference when i press on the soft proofing button. I have the profile on srgb.

when i export to srgb the color changes but not with soft proofing.

My lightroom is up to date.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Thank you guys for your answers. Yes i was using faststone to view the images and it was not color managed. In the setting i ticked the box that said "auto-detect and use monitor color profile" and now it looks correct. Firefox also shows it correct.

1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In what application are you viewing the exported image?

If it is not color managed (like for instance the Windows 10 Photos app), it will most likely not display correct colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should not see any change in color normally when soft proofing to sRGB. You will only see a difference when the some colors in your image are outside of sRGB and you have a wide gamut monitor. This might happens for certain images of flowers, sunsets, etc but rarely for most images. On a normal gamut monitor you will never see a difference. As per notes, if you don't use a color managed app to view your exports, you will not see the correct color in there. Only color managed apps will ever show you the correct color. Lightroom is color managed and shows you correct color (if your display is correctly calibrated and profiled) regardless of what color space your image is in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you guys for your answers. Yes i was using faststone to view the images and it was not color managed. In the setting i ticked the box that said "auto-detect and use monitor color profile" and now it looks correct. Firefox also shows it correct.

1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines