• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Solved] IPHONE to Lightroom Classic Import on Catalina OS: No Photos Found Error

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - 

I got a new Iphone 11 & I want to import photo taken with my Iphone to my Lightroom Classic catalog via USB.  My old phone works, but not my new phone.  

Issue:  When I connect the phone to lightroom classic to import via USB, I can select the iphone, but lightroom says 'no photos found'.

So far I have tried the following with no sucess:

1) Adjusting Iphone settings: settings > photo  > tranfer to mac or pic  > I selected both 'automatic' and 'keep originals'

2) Resetting Trust & Location information per "known adobe issues" - https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/kb/known-issues.html

3) Rebooted machine and iphone with new settings

Any ideas?

I am using:

- Iphone 11 Pro Max, ios 13.3

- Lightroom Classic 9.1, Camera Raw 12.1 - Mac Catalina 10.15.2

EDIT: Transfer via cloud and CC is too slow for me - 30 photos/1-2 GB takes 24 hours, hence the interest in a direct transfer

Thank you!

Sarah

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Solved!  

Lightroom Classic on my Mac didn't have permission to access the photos on my phone due to Mac OS Catalina settings.   To corrrect this, you must update the mac OS settings through the following path:

(apple icon, upper left corner) > system preferences > security & privacy > privacy tab > photos > check that box next to Lightroom Classic to allow Lightroom Classic to access photos.  

Image attached of Security & Privacy window, with correct items selected. 

Note: I upgraded to Catalin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use LR on my phone to automatically transfer photos to my LR Classic on my computer. I have LR on my phone set to import all of my photos form my camera roll. I'm logged into Creative Cloud and when I open LR on the phone, they sync up to the cloud. When I open LR Classic on my computer, the images sync. Much easier than using usb.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx for suggesting CC via cloud.   I appreciate the work around. 

Unfortunately the transfer speeds are so slow - about 30 2 MB photos in 24 hours - that CC isn't an option. 

I will try to update my original post with that extra information.

Thx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the folder that is used on the phone to store images in show up in LR Classic import dialog under the source/device section?

And do you have Included Subfolders selected?

2020-01-30 13_20_48-Lightroom.png

I don't use an Apple phone so I have no idea if Apple even allows that on their phones. Might be to restrictive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good idea. 

Yes, Iphone does show up.  The checkbox is checked but greyed out.    Here is what I see

Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 10.48.48 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the Right Facing Arrow and see what happens.

2020-01-30 13_59_51-Re_ IPHONE to Lightroom Classic Import_ No Photos ... - Adobe Support Community .png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved!  

Lightroom Classic on my Mac didn't have permission to access the photos on my phone due to Mac OS Catalina settings.   To corrrect this, you must update the mac OS settings through the following path:

(apple icon, upper left corner) > system preferences > security & privacy > privacy tab > photos > check that box next to Lightroom Classic to allow Lightroom Classic to access photos.  

Image attached of Security & Privacy window, with correct items selected. 

Note: I upgraded to Catalina OS on my Mac at the same time that I purchased my new Iphone 11, so I'm unsure which of these changes caused the change/issue.  

Thanks so much for everyone's help

Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 12.57.05 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I'm having the same issue, 'No Photos Found,' I'm still using my iPhone 6s and find that Lightroom Classic doesn't appear in my Security & Privacy settings under Photos, see image below

Screenshot 2020-03-01 at 16.54.23.png

but does appear in Files and Folders, see image below coiuld this be the issue and if so, how do I move Lightroom Classic into the 'Photos' box?

Screenshot 2020-02-29 at 18.39.06.png

Any help suggestions or help appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a suggested solution. 

To troubleshoot

1) Was it previously working for you - IE Lightroom saw photos before and was able to import? 

2) Did you make any recent changies - IE a recent OS upgrad to your Mac or Phone, etc?  

3) Inside lightroom, is lightroom able to detect the phone? 

4) Did you try correcting the 'known issues' for the new OS linked in my first post already?

Adjusting those settings may help your Mac recognize Lightroom as an app that looks for photos....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I missed your reply.

I'm working on a new iMac OS Catalina and have latest versions of Adobe Lightroom, as well as Adobe Bridge (same issue). This has been the problem from the beginning. It hasn't worked on this computer or with these latest adobe applications.

In my experience of using Mac and Adobe this has often been a common problem. On my old Mac I couldn't go beyond OS El Capitan (which is why I bought a new Mac) and then depending on Mac OS and Adobe Application version, they often work in sync but it would appear as soon as one or the other updates then the issue can occur and has occured many times without finding a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uh! That sounds horrible.  I am SO sorry.   

This is my first upgrade OS/Adobe sync experience as I've been using legacy for a while, so I am personally not experienced, nor do a I have strong OS background.  Maybe it's a permissions issue  between Adobe and Apple due to constant security patches, but I really don't know.   

Sorry to not be of more help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to worry, thank you for responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has literally just saved my sanity, Files and Folders was not enabled. Now my problem is fixed. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue! Adobe Lightroom won't show up under pictures, but does show up under folders. How did you get it to work? My iphone did work fine until the latest system upgrade, now it sees my phone but says no photos. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this on Adobe's Help pages. You have to reset the Location & Privacy on your iPhones settings. Worked for me!  

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/kb/known-issues.html

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally! This worked for me too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2019 MacBook Pro running latest version of Catalina.  I use Lightroom Classic and the last time I successfully imported iPhone 8 photos to lightroom was September 2019, prior to purchase of new MacBook.  I tried above settings with no success.  Import screen still shows"no photos found".  My phone is primary source of Lightroom therefore with import not working LR is of little use.  Has anyone else solved this problem?

UPDATE:  Continue to be unable to IMPORT photos from iPhone to LR.  I found a workaround that uses Apple application Image Capture.  I created a folder in PICTURES folder as destination folder, then used Image Capture to select photos on iPhone to be updoaded to MAC and copied photos to the new folder.  Once in destination folder, I IMPORTED photos in this folder to LR.  Much easier if direct from LR, but this does not work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2023 Jul 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I followed your instructions above.  Adobe LRclassic is checked but when i click on the photos arrow, the screen says "apps that are allowed to access your photos will appear here" and nothing is on that screen.  Here's what's happening when I try to import photos: My photos icon is on my desktop, all photos and albus from my phone and ipad are there as should be.  I open LRc, click import, click desktop from the sources, a representation of my pics appear there, not the actual pictures.  Some wierd graphics.  Just for kicks, i went ahead and iported one to see what happened.  It says the files are unwritable.  I spent an hour on a chat with someone from LR Friday.  I'm stumped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn't get any of these solutions to work, but there's a fast 2-step workaround:

In photos, bulk select as many photos as you'd like — e.g. Recents. Squeeze the pix till you have rows of 3 — at the top right of the iPhone screen it should say Select. Swipe across the pix you want to import into LRC. At the bottom left, there'll be an AirDrop symbol; touch it and it will show your Mac and boom, your photos will be in your Downloads folder ...

From which LRC will happily move them to your Mac's Lightroom folder. (mine is on a separate drive for Movies & Photos)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue it seems, but fixing permissions is not working... I fixed the permissions in the System Settings area (Using Big Sur OS at this point and an iPhone 12 Pro Max).  I got the following message from Lightroom when I canceled the non-working import:

Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 2.10.23 PM.png

This message says (in case you can't read the tiny print: "The following files were not imported because they could not be read or the destination folder is not writable (769)".  This looks and feels like a removable drive issue - however, Lightroom works w/ all the other removable drives on my system just fine.  And I have many, > 5 removable storage devices... it's just the phone that's not being read...

HELP!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same set up (12 Pro Max, Big Sur on an M1 Mac Mini) and haven't been able to upload photos since the M1 version of LrC came out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update. Image Capture wasn't seeing the iPhone photos either. This apparently is an Apple issue (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252314960). Work around that worked for me is to restart the computer with the iPhone plugged in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines