• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some folders being incorrectly displayed following import

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a problem with my Lightroom Classic (latest version) catalogue.

I have imported (moved) a heap of photos into LRC with the date format folder structureYear/Month. The photos are on an external SSD and when viewed in Finder are correctly organised by Year and the sub folders of 1-12 for each month, assuming there are photos in each month of each year. I have photos dated 2001 through to 2021

My All photographs view and count all seems fine. However, in the Folders section, I have 28 odd month folders (see screenshot) above where they have not been sorted into the correct year. On most of these, whilst there is a visible photo count, no photos appear when i selct on that folder. If I open the folder in Finder, then I can see the folder is in the correct year structure on the SSD and that there are photos in there too. I can locate the photos in Finder / All photos, but not in the Folders section.

Also, if i try and delete one of these folders (such as the one '02' with 3 photos in it (fourth folder down in the screenshot) then it will nto delete. No dialog box, nothing. If i right click and 'show in finder' it all looks fine, being located in the correct year folder.

One last thing, If i try the 'Show parent folder' then I get this error popup/message...

Screenshot 2021-07-03 at 14.39.43.png

Any ideas what I can do with these 28 odd folders?

Image 03-07-2021 at 14.27.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 28 odd folders look like they are from a mobile phone - what are your settings in your preferences > sync tab? Can you post a screen shot of that tab? Right-click on the top-most folder and Show Parent folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your reply. This is the 'Lightroom Sync' tab in Preferences. I have cropped off my account info at the top.

Screenshot 2021-07-03 at 15.04.49.png

 I changed the Root Folder Display option in the '+ Folders' section to 'Folder and Path' and this is what it looks like:

Screenshot 2021-07-03 at 15.10.32.jpeg

 This is what I get when i rightclick the top folder and select Show Parent Folder

Screenshot 2021-07-03 at 15.12.17.png

 

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a catalog backup from before this happened? This looks like catalog corruption.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this was a brand new catalogue. Should I just try again with a fresh import?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any reason you can't delete the 28 odd folders showing 0 images in them? The contents may very well already be in your catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@christophera47576132 wrote:

No, this was a brand new catalogue. Should I just try again with a fresh import?

That may indeed be the easiest solution and the safest solution. Anything else will leave you in uncertainty that it may happen again, when the catalog is much more valuable.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fresh import, added rather than moved the files this time as the folder structure on the hard drive was correct - all fine this time!

Thank you all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great! Thanks for updating your post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines