• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some necessary info when creating a new thread!

Community Expert ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The follow is some info from the forum guidelines when creating a new thread to post in this forum. Just a reminder.

Consider including the following in your question:

• Adobe product and version number
  • Operating system and version number
  • The full text of any error message(s)
  • What you were doing when the problem occurred
  • Screenshots of the problem
  • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; the amount of RAM; etc
Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Denis Good Luck getting anyone to follow those instructions.

And better luck getting something like this posted to the main page of all the forums by the powers that be on this system.

QUOTE:

"We are Looking into it. But it may take some time to implement this (Read Take Some Time To as NEVER)".

END QUOTE:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a screen capture to put in a reply to the ones that do not post sufficient info with a new thread.

I have this on my desktop so it will be easily available.

I have also posted in the ACP forum a request that they should create provisions in the user profile to input the info when new users sign up for the forum. If existing users do not provide info in their posts when creating a new thread then we can make a request to complete the info in their profile. 

Screenshot 2020-05-02 at 9.23.11 AM copy.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Denis and Agree.

I have saved the image you posted and will use it, if you don't mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to use your image as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps a few simple links. Discussion would need to be created.

1. How to obtain and post System Information, steps to acquire, steps to post (DO NOT ATTACH), what to include (and not include info past plug-in info)

2. Common GPU diagnostic

3. Common CATALINA App cyber security fix (currentbpet pieevee)

4. Common display calibration, why, when how, what us not color managed

5. For us responders, a reminder on being nice. How to pull info from OP. Social distancing getting to me, probably getting rude. my bad.

6. And place all that in an obvious easy to get place not requiring a PHd to find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Denis, I just wish that more people would read the Guidelines before they post.

For ACPs there is the feature of 'Macros' that can be easily added to posts- and a Macro can be defined (in your account settings) with these Guideline suggestions. An image file is not needed.

ScreenShot091.jpg

eg. This is a Macro that I have inserted to this reply post- (color changed after insert!)

Please Consider including the following in your question:
Adobe product and version number
Operating system and version number
The full text of any error message(s)
What you were doing when the problem occurred
Screenshots of the problem
Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; the amount of RAM; etc

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok I will check this out, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines