• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some XMP Files Are not Visible

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this issue and struggling with it for 2 days now. I have read a lot of posts on this forum but none worked.

I bought some xmp presets from etsy, some work some not. When I import the presets they are simply not visible. The presets are visible in the camera raw folder but not inside Lightroom itself. Why this could be? Is there a possibility that the xmp presets are not compatible? If yes, how to tell before buying them?

I have uploaded them to my dropbox account if anyone would like to try it and help me out. These presets are part of a bundle of 80, from which 40 loads up in the program without any issue, the rest not.

{Deleted}

I use a win10 pc | lightroom classic 8.4.1 | Version 10 | 

P.s. i tried them on my android device and are all working there. Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Lightroom Classic, or Lightroom (desktop)? Lightroom Classic shares presets with Camera Raw, but Lightroom (desktop) does not. To get them into Lightroom desktop, you need to import them into Lightroom desktop.  Also make sure that you have unchecked 'Hide Partially Compatible Presets.

1 2020-12-29 12-24-31.jpg

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thank you for your reply

When I check system info it says Lightroom Classic on my pc.

I have tried importing them with every different option, but with the same result. Yes it is unchecked "Hide Partially Compatible Presets." - was one of the first tips i found on the forum

Can you please tell me if the xmp files from my dropbox are working for you? Maybe you have any other suggestions? Is there a way to see which xmp files are not compatible with my lightroom or which lightroom to use that is compatible with all the xmp files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, then you posted in the wrong forum, so I'll move your post to where it belongs.

I downloaded the presets and there is indeed something wrong with them. They import but they don't show. Contact the author.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, can you please let me where I find my moved post?

I have contacted the seller, and he showed me through team viewer that the work for him, so I stayed like this.

Really not sure what would be wrong with the files, but thank you for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would not accept this. The fact that it works for him is not relevant. He sells this, so it should work for people who buy it. It doesn't work for you, and if I try it doesn't work for me either. That means there is something wrong and it is his task to solve that, or return your money.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked one of the the presets in a text editor. Tell the author that there is a lot of rubbish at the end of the preset that causes this. I didn't check every line, but if you delete this part at the bottom of the preset then the preset shows and works:

<crs:Name>
<rdf:Alt>
<rdf:li xml:lang="x-default">Airy 08 S</rdf:li>
</rdf:Alt>
</crs:Name>
<crs:ShortName>
<rdf:li xml:lang="x-default"/>
</crs:ShortName>
<crs:SortName>
</crs:SortName>
<crs:Group>
<rdf:li xml:lang="x-default">Lifestyle Blogger</rdf:li>
</crs:Group>
<crs:Description>
</crs:Description>
<crs:Look
crs:Name="Airy 08 S"
crs:Amount="1.000000"
crs:UUID="ED728F7B94ACBA4B9B4F16DF8BBD7B99"
crs:Stubbed="true"/>

Let the author check what really needs to be deleted and what can stay in after all.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you not, clicked on the + symbol in the presets panel, selected manage, and turned on the presets in question?

Assuming Develop presets.

Preferably with a RAW image selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

etsy maay not like thast  youhave posted their presets on the web for anyone to use w/o payment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are your photos RAW? Most presets are for RAW only and will not be visable in LrC for JPEG.

Workaround is in /preferences/presets/   to Show Partially Compatible Develop Presets.

see: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/presets-faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@GoldingD In my answer to the OP I already mentioned the 'Hide Partially Compatible Presets' option and the OP already confirmed that option is unchecked. It was also unchecked on my system when I investigated the problem and confirmed that it is real.

I do agree with you that the OP should not have posted the Dropbox link just like that, so I edited her message and took it out. Thanks for bringing that to our attention.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines